Programme and Reporting Specialist
Vientiane (Lao )
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Chief Technical Advisor and the UXO Lao POPI Unit Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
a. Provision of project support to partners and assistance of compliance functions through capacity building:
- Support and train the Implementing Partners (IPs) in best practices in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of key strategic and other documents.
- Provide support to and training of Programme Units of UXO Lao to ensure that programme formulation, design and implementation are adhering to principles of Results Based Management policy.
- Support to IPs and training of relevant staff on report and proposal writing aimed at ensuring good quality products, such as donor proposals, annual reports, specific donor reports, etc
- Support to evaluations, audits and spot checks, and help create good follow-up systems on implementation of recommendations.
- Support initiatives that promote/contribute to the cohesion and synergies between the Programme, Finance and other relevant teams in UXO Lao, such as resource planning and management, reporting, development of proposals.
- Support UXO Lao from an M&E perspective with the development of a sound research capacity.
b. Supports the management and implementation of IP projects:
- Support and strengthen the oversight efforts of IP projects, under close guidance and consultation with UXO Unit Management.
- Undertake field trips with key staff and support them in the systematic collection of data to monitor the progress of the project and ensure proper project work planning and monitoring/review of work plans are undertaken in a timely and quality manner by the Project Managers.
- Review regular IP reporting including capturing of results and lessons learned and provide feedback on how to strengthen reporting and how to use these in communication materials; Support in work planning, financial management and other forms of oversight of the projects.
- Supports the establishment of strategic partnerships and implementation of the IP resource mobilization strategies.
- Support in the coordinate of analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on areas of IP work/priorities, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects/activities.
- Support UXO Lao in producing high quality donor reporting in a timely manner.
- Help IPs organize visits for donors, media, etc.
- Support UXO Lao in the development of a communications strategy and necessary training for key staff.
- Support donor relations with advocacy and reporting.
- Support capacity strengthening of Project staff.
- Support the production of articles and reports with hands on mentoring with project staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area, e.g. Development programme/project administration, Social Sciences, Management or area related to International Development, Programme Management or Training.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in capacity strengthening, Mine Action, International Development, Development programme/project administration desirable.
- Knowledge of UN system is an advantage, or other relevant programmes; experience with Mine Action is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- Excellent English oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in International Development, Mine Action, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Laotian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Lao PDR and legal residents in Lao PDR with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 2 October 2020