Program Coordinator (Expat Position)
General job description
The Program Coordinator will be in charge of :
- Quality implementation of the projects in Syria in benefit of affected population.
- Ensure project objectives are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure proper administrative, financial, procurement, monitoring and evaluation management processes/procedures are in place to guarantee the timely, quality and effective implementation of the program and projects activities.
- Planning, implementation and quality of work throughout the program and projects activities in accordance to relevant humanitarian guidelines, policies and national and/or international standards.
- Contribute in identifying, developing and implementing AAH’s country strategy.
- Active participation in identifying new potential interventions.
- Regular reporting of program and projects activities, proper collection and archiving of support documents and source of verifications, capitalization and lessons learnt.
Find out more about us https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es
1: Coordination and supervision of AAH's programming in Syria in accordance to Donors, Sectors, National Ministries’ standards, Partner
- Supervise, monitor and ensure the planning, implementation and quality of work throughout the program and projects activities in accordance to relevant humanitarian guidelines, policies and national and/or international standards.
- Ensure that all the steps of the projects are agreed with local authorities and partners.
- Regularly evaluate and report on issues and risks arising from the program and project activities, and contribute, in coordination with relevant departments, to develop mitigation strategies and recommendations for operational improvements.
- budget follow-up of projects and carry out regular budget reviews in coordination with program and finance teams and ensure corrective actions are taken, when necessary
- Undertake regular travel to the areas of intervention engaging in on-site program monitoring and overseeing the implementation of activities to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Organize coordination meetings and ensure effective communication between program team and the other departments
- Manage, lead and support the program team and provide direction to them on the planning, budgets burnt rate, monitoring of the achievement of the activities and deliverables.
- Hold overall responsibility for operational compliance with donor and AAH’s guidelines and procedures in coordination with the support department (Log/Admin/HR)
2: To contribute in identifying, developing and implementing AAH’s country strategy, including relevant participation in identifying new potential interventions and in writing proposal
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of the Country Strategy and Play a key role in the implementation
- Develop annual action plan according to mission strategy
- Contribute significantly to the identification of needs and planning of assessment for the development of new proposals
- Contribute to the preparation of complete, accurate and realistic budgets for donor proposals, to ensure that all activities are fully and accurately included in budgets
3: Representation and Coordination with relevant stakeholders (Partners, Donors, National and Local Authorities, Ministries, etc.)
- Contribute to develop and maintain institutional and working relationship with Government Ministries, departments, local partners, UN agencies and NGOs
- Participate, whenever needed, in meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Support the establishment of terms of agreements and MoUs with partners, Ministries and others.
- Represents the organization towards Donors, partners, authorities and other stakeholders and ensure coordination of field visits (partners, Donors, etc.)
4: Human Resources Management: oversee the selection, hiring, management and capacity building of the program team under his/her responsibility
- Ensure management, supervision and mentoring of staff within the area of responsibility, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within team members under her/his responsibility.
- Responsible for the well-being of team members under her/his management.
5: Reporting, documentation, archiving and capitalization
- Ensure monthly and annual reports are produced in a timely manner by program staff; review and validate them.
- Provide regular reporting of activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation
- Higher education/Master in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development or any related field).
- Solid knowledge and experience of Project Cycle Management and strategic planning – compulsory
- Technical knowledge of implementing emergency and early recovery interventions is a must
- Knowledge of the Middle East context desirable.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as coordinator or similar (at least 3 years) and preferably with AAH and in Middle East;
- Good experience in working with local/national partners, Ministries, experience in implementing emergency interventions and capacity building for partners.
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (preferable but not required).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Sphinx (desirable)
- Mobility (national/ international): Yes, within Syria and outside of Syria
- Proven knowledge and experience in proposal and report writing compulsory
- High level of MS office applications (Word/Excel, power point); Use of statistics and GIS programs is an advantage
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package
Formal work contract: 12 months.
Annual Gross Salary: from 46,000 to 50,000 EUR
In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 20.000 euros/year.This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
25 working days of paid leave per year.
Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.