Associate - Capital Advisory
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Associate - Capital Advisory
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal em ployment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate will provide critical support to the project managers and will manage selected project workstreams. You will be a key contributor to a variety of projects (usually 2-4 at a time) across our service lines with a diverse range of clients based across the globe, with involvement in business development and practice building. The role reports to the Director, Capital Advisory.
* Support in project management, including participation in and documentation of calls with clients and investors, managing due diligence processes, maintaining data rooms, etc.
* Leading assigned project workstreams and being responsible for selected client deliverables, incl. presentation to the client
* Support project financial management, including monitoring budget, invoicing and collections
* Client mandate execution
* Market research, business analysis and financial modelling
* Overseeing work of Analysts in respect of specific projects
* Co-ordinating outreach to investors and tracking feedback and managing logistics (e.g. roadshows, diligence trips)
* Participation in conference calls, including weekly pipeline calls, and assistance in tracking and monitoring of pipeline developments
* Where required, from time to time, work with other teams within the Palladium Group, for example on proposal development or financial modelling tasks
* Supporting the preparation of CAS marketing materials, proposals/ pitch documents
* Co-lead preparation of proposals and conference presentations
* Managing the annual events calendar and tracking CAS participation in key sector events
* Supporting and guiding more junior colleagues
Providing occasional support to the financial management of the business, including budgeting, forecasting and expense management and providing guidance to Analysts on the above.
* This role will likely have at least one direct report which will require close management in line with the performance excellence model
The role carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation.
The role is required to:
* Analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager
* Contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost-effective proposals/ideas/suggestions
* Approve most client deliverables under the guidance of the senior manager
* Initiate expenditure on projects; however, no approval on budgets
* Strong academic credentials, including a post-graduate finance qualification such as CFA, MBA, MSc. in Finance or equivalent; and Previous work experience in a financial advisory or investment
* See the impact investing as a means to shift the paradigm and transform the world of finance to work better for the world
* Desire to succeed in a transaction environment and in impact investment
* Exceptional standard of written and verbal business communications and presentation skills
* Expert in Microsoft Office suite
* Competent in financial modelling
* Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
* Ability to manage project workstreams and people