Program Manager II – Health/OFDA in Central Darfur
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Sudan Program is recruiting a Program Manager II (PM II) for an anticipated USAID/OFDA-funded integrated health, nutrition, and WASH project in Central Darfur, Sudan. The project integrates Health, Nutrition, and WASH programming to address high rates of chronic and acute malnutrition in targeted areas. The PM II will provide strategic vision and leadership to the project team and effectively manage and leverage resources in compliance with donor rules and regulations as well as CRS policies. This is a hands-on, supervisory position that demands the ability to proactively manage complex challenges to achieve quality results within the timeframe, budget, and scale agreed with the donor.
* A Medical Doctor, Master’s Degree in Public Heath, international development, international relations, humanitarian assistance, or in the field of nutrition, WASH or a related field is required.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of program management experience required, with at least 2-3 years’ field experience in humanitarian programming required.
* Experience managing complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
* Prior supervisory experience is required; experience supervising remote teams in a complex operating environment strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals and reports.
* Experience implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning systems required.
* Prior experience managing USG (preferably OFDA) funding.
* Competence using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
Required Languages – Fluency in written and spoken English required; Arabic language abilities preferred
Duty station and Travel
* This position is located in Central Darfur Zalingei CRS regional office
* Willingness to travel approximately 45% of the time to project implementation remote areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including good presentation and facilitation skills.
* Ability to lead and motivate a team in challenging circumstances and contribute to a positive team dynamic. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
* Ability to transfer knowledge and skills through formal and informal training.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented with. Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to handle and coordinate multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of CRS program quality standards and partnership principles preferred.
* Demonstrated experience living and working in emergency or conflict-affected areas.
* Experience implementing programs that are conflict sensitive and that mainstream gender equity, protection, and inclusion of youth, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable populations.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Project Managers/Senior Project Officers for Health, WASH, and MEAL as well as Supply Chain Officer and Engineer.
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: Based in Zalingei, Central Darfur. The living situation is a guesthouse with other staff. This is a non-accompanied post.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.