||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The consultant is being recruited to provide technical support to the member states on Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) especially Maternal & Child Health (MCH), quality & safety of service delivery. Through health systems strengthening approach, the consultant will contribute to developing & revising the regional IPC assessments tool kits, drafting regional IPC situation analysis & building country capacity & system of IPC in the context of COVID-19 & long term.
Description of activities to be carried out:
- Under the supervision of the Coordinator - Maternal Child Health & Quality System unit (MCQ) of our clients regional office & with collaboration with MCQ regional office staff & country office focal staff, with focus on but not limited to 8 priority countries, the consultant will perform the following functions to support regional health systems strengthening activities with a focus on IPC.
Methods to carry out the assignment:
- The consultant will review relevant documents & publications related to the IPC program, coordinate with stakeholders including country office counter parts, travel to countries to provide direct support if required & possible & draft related activity reports.
Outputs & activities:
- Output 1 - Regional IPC assessment toolkits developed: Provide technical support in conceptualization, development, testing & revision of the regional tool kits on national & health facility quality measurement, with initial emphasis in division priorities such as COVID-19, safe surgical & anaesthetic services & RMNCAH (Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child & Adolescent Health) on primary healthcare & hospitals.
- Output 2 - Regional situation analysis & action plan updated: Provide technical support in development of action plan framework on improving & sustaining IPC in the region through health system strengthening.
- Output 3 - Country support provided to strengthen IPC systems both in the context of COVID-19 & long term: Provide technical support to priority countries in reviewing IPC systems enables & barriers, assess health facility implementation qualities, conduct reviews & analysis & generate technical recommendations for improvement & long term IPC strengthening.
- Output 4 - Contribute to improving / carrying out the other priorities of MCQ unit as follows:
- Regional scoping exercise for well childcare within health systems.
- Health facility reviews for improving quality & safety of primary health care & hospital care.
- Support to scale up cost effective maternal & new-born care practise including mother care for preterm & low birth weight babies.
- Submission of reports on how the consultant activities were implemented, what outputs were achieved, lessons learned & recommendations for the IPC program etc.
This role works under the supervision of the Coordinator - Maternal Child Health & Quality System unit (MCQ).
- Bachelors Degree in Medicine, Public Health & relevant areas from a recognised university.
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Public Health Policy, Health Systems or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in maternal & child health, IPC, quality of care & health facility assessments at national & international levels.
- Previous experience with UN agencies & working with diverse teams is an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning & organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Building & promoting partnerships across the organisation & beyond.
- Respecting & promoting individual & cultural differences.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Fostering integration & teamwork.
- Communication in a credible & effective way.
- Willing to travel to regional offices as & when required.
- Fluent in English.
Team management is not required for this role.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.