Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Regional Advisor, Noncommunicable Diseases Prevention, UHC/NCDs or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Technical Officer will:
• Conducting stakeholder analysis, literature and desk reviews as inputs for regional/country situation analysis on childhood cancer;
• Developing presentations and briefs;
• Assist in in drafting, formatting and editing normative and communication document on the WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancers initiative and liaise with necessary partners across the three levels of WHO;
• Support the adaptation and dissemination of GICC technical package and tools in the Eastern Mediterranean Region;
• Assist in organizing regional and country meetings/workshops including webinars related to GICC;
• Assist in monitoring GICC implementation progress in priority countries, liaising with WCO, project partners and contributing to the documentation of country progress/case studies/reports to donors;
• Provide support to other related areas of cancer work as deemed appropriate;
• Develop and submit a progress report at the end of the assignment.
- University degree (Bachelor's level) in medicine, public health or related areas directly relevant to cancer control.
- Advanced university degree in a health-related field will be an asset.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
• At least 5 up to 10 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in:
• Clinical or academic experience in the field of cancer control/oncology;
• Experience in conducting literature reviews.
• Clinical or academic experience in childhood cancer;
• Field and/or developing country experience in the field of cancer control;
• Relevant experience, especially in countries in the EMR.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 25 October 2020