Call for Resumes – PFM Specialists – Nigeria Governance
DAI, a global consulting firm, seeks Public Financial Management (PFM) experts for a USAID-funded governance program to be implemented in Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto.
The purpose of the “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
The PFM Specialist is a technical staff member embedded at the state-level. S/he will provide support and leadership to PFM activities and ensure relevant PFM interventions within the state. The PFM Specialist will provide technical assistance (TA) to all PFM activities within the state for which they are responsible. S/he will facilitate activities such as developing annual procurement plans in key sectors health, education and WASH to foster greater transparency, reduce risk, and support service delivery efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as accounting, finance, business, social sciences, law, development studies, etc. Master’s preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of technical experience in PFM, with expertise in one or more of following areas: Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability assessments, budgeting, procurement, audit, internal controls, domestic resource mobilization.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities under a USG instrument, related to technical area of the position.
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Nigeria.
- Prior experience in overseeing the awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Women that meet the minimum requirements are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by e-mail to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com. Please include role of interest in the subject line of the email (For example, SUBJECT LINE: “PFM Specialist, Adamawa”). **
No phone inquiries will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.