Silver Spring (United States of America)
Scope of Work:
The Employment Specialist is responsible for managing the provision of services to assist refugee clients to attain self sufficiency through employment. Specifically, the Employment Specialist provides services that include employment preparation, placement, career enhancement services and follow-up services.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide intake, assessment, and pre-employment/job readiness orientations to clients eligible for employment services.
· Develop comprehensive employment plans for each employable adult.
· Provide group and one-on-one intense job readiness trainings that provide clients with the basic skills required to enhance their employability.
· Develop and cultivate long term relationships with area employers in order to identify appropriate employment opportunities for clients.
· Determine specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assist clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process.
· Monitor job performance, wage level, and employer/employee satisfaction.
· Assist clients and employers as necessary with post placement issues and continuing employment needs.
· Ensure timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.