2153 Programme Finance Associate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system with UNDP rules and regulations and contractual requirements;
- Implements effective internal control, proper functioning of financial resources management system;
- Ensures proper control of the supporting documents for payments and implements proper filing system.
- Ensures timely and accurate administration of project budget;
- Measurable outputs of the work assignment
- Verifies all the expenses related to project implementation;
- Timely processes payments of invoices and ensures tax exemption for project related goods and services;
- Prepares regular project-level financial status reports for internal and external distribution;
- Prepares ad-hoc financial information as requested by the PMT, donor, UNDP or partner agencies;
- Provides assistance in preparing annual workplans and progress reports;
- Provides assistance in preparation of monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Provides support to management of the project in Atlas including project creation, revision and utilization of funds;
- Coordinates with the Operations Analyst and advises PMT on the management of project finances;
- Maintains project cashflow tools;
- Manages finances in Atlas (e.g. preparation of e-requisitions, Purchase Order (PO) and non-PO vouchers, corrective actions on vouchers, General Ledger Journal Entries etc.);
- Keeps records on financial transactions;
- Participates in preparation for audits and verification mission;
- Presents information for audit purposes.
- Synthesizes lessons learnt and best practices in financial management; Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Performs other duties within functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the project efficiency as required by the Project Manager.
- Ad hoc, interim and final financial reports prepared in a timely and quality manner in a full compliance with the contractual requirements;
- Project finances appropriately managed in Atlas (e-requisitions, PO and non-PO vouchers timely prepared and corrective actions taken in timely and correct manger);
- Payments processed in a timely fashion;
- Financial inputs for project planning (expenditures and forecast reports) prepared and submitted in a timely and quality fashion;
- Draft correspondence prepared;
- Filing system set-up and regularly updated.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with partners and colleagues;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet;
- Compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies of financial activities ensured;
- Ability to, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with certificate in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or finance.
- 6 years of professional experience in fields relevant to the specific duties of the job such as in providing support to project implementation or administration, preferably in an international organization, is a requirement (applicable for applicants having secondary education);
- 3 years of professional experience in fields relevant to the specific duties of the job such as in providing support to project implementation or administration, preferably in an international organization, is a requirement (applicable for applicants having bachelor’s degree);
- Experience in collection, analysis and presentation of information for preparation of project reports, project documents, concepts, workplans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and knowledge management products required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems (i.e. ERP, Atlas, PeopleSoft;
- Experience in financial reporting is required;
- Knowledge of UNDP rules and procedures would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.