Business Analyst, IT PMO
New York City (United States of America)
The IT Business Analyst will help to shape digital technology solutions that drive the International Rescue Committee’s fundraising and engagement objectives. A key member of the IT Project Management Office, she/he will work closely with project and portfolio managers, product teams, and business partners across departments to deliver high-priority technology projects. The role will often support several initiatives at once, including CRM migration, new market launches, website and donation platform improvements, and system integrations.
This position will have responsibility for crafting business requirement and process documentation, coordinating testing, and analyzing project success. The individual will also closely support product managers and system administrators in conducting market research and analyzing business needs to guide product roadmap development. This is a fast-paced position which requires strong strategic problem-solving and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical skills, a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural, dynamic environment.
· Develop product / system requirements through interviews and workshops with stakeholders, analysis of business processes and user challenges, and competitor research.
· Assist in driving projects to successful conclusion. Ensure timely delivery of tasks and contribute to comprehensive documentation of project scope, objectives, risks, and progress towards goals.
· Lead testing efforts to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner.
· Support the broader technology portfolio, focusing on PMO governance and program management.
· Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with internal partners and external vendors. Prepare meeting agendas, minutes and presentations for key meetings as needed.
· Serve as a subject-matter-expert, representing the business to technology teams. Take initiative to understand relevant aspects of fundraising, advocacy, and supporter engagement.
· Draw out business insights, frame key decisions, and provide impactful recommendations. Continuously seek out and evaluate opportunities (e.g. integration of new data sources) to improve business outcomes, efficiency, strategy, and decision-making.
· Monitor project budgets and perform invoice processing and tracking for all current projects with external vendors.