Finance Officer - Compliance
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer – Compliance.
About the Job
Overall purpose of this role is that fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services. Producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Transfers and Payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Ensure accounts payable and account receivables are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ensure DRC’s partners’ reportings are in line with DRC and local regulations
Budget Control, Planning and Reporting
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
- Bi Weekly Cash Book
- Monthly stock update
- Monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it)
- Reporting as required
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Develop and ensure the implementation of shared cost tools (when required)
- Liaise with Program Managers on regular budget monitoring (when required)
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget follow up (when required)
- Ensure that monthly Accountant visit is properly facilitated and all relevant information are provided for taxes/social security calculations and legal book keeping
- Ensure that Accountants prepare legal books on monthly basis in accordance with Legal requirements and books are printed on quarterly basis
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have relevant university degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Experience in working in NGOs
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay Country Office
Start date: 02.11.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28.10.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.