Human Resources and Administration Manager [National Position]
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations - the bottom billion.
Cordaid has been active in South Sudan for more than 20 years, with a strong focus on civil society capacity-building. Currently it has programs in the area of Emergency Response, DRR, Health, Food Security, Security & Justice, Women Leadership and Investments.
Presently, Cordaid is expanding its program in different parts of the country. For that purpose, additional technical capacity is required. Therefore, Cordaid would like to a Human Resources and Administration Manager as detailed below,
Position Title Human Resources and Administration Manager
Duty station Based in Juba with about 30% field travel
Overall Objectives of the position: To ensure effective and efficient management and maintenance of the Human Resources and Administration functions for the Cordaid South Sudan Country Office.
Reporting line The Human Resources Manager reports to the Country Director, s/he supervises the departmental staff and liaises with heads of department on staff wellbeing, contract and performance management.
Human resources accountability
- Lead the recruitment of all national and regional staff and serve as secretariat to all interview panels (except for positions s/he will line manage).
- Manage the procurement of consultants (task based).
- Ensure that all staff have relevant and up-to-date job classification, job descriptions, performance management reports and valid contract and have signed all relevant policies.
- Lead the induction/briefing programmes and exit management/review for all staff/consultants.
- Lead the roll out of the performance management system, and ensure the staff learning and individual trainings plans are aligned with the position and programme needs.
- Manage staff R&R and leave Administration and ensure that both policies are adhered to.
- Provide oversight and manage the staff payroll and ensure remittance/reconciliation/updating of all statutory deductions and staff medical, group insurance contributions.
- Ensure time sheets are completed and timely submitted by all staff and that the budget allocation is verified by the Project Controller.
- Participate in salary surveys and recommendation to management on how Cordaid is compared with other comparators in the labour market.
- Advise and guide staff disciplinary and misconduct issues and staff grievance handling.
- Provide data and other weekly, quarterly and yearly reports and returns on HR activities and trends to the management team and the Global Office when required.
- Secure human resources records and archiving systems in accordance with Cordaid and donor records retention policies.
- Liaise with other NGO’s regarding current human resources issues and concerns by attending and participating in the HR Forums and other coordination meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and the South Sudan Labour Law and proactively advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application of the human resources policies and procedures, and standard operational activities by providing technical advice and guidance as required in line with the labour act and other regulatory authorities.
- Contribute to the budget preparation, reviewing of the process through providing technical analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office and give support to the management in the planning process.
- Be the focal person to maintain good relationships and standards with all relevant government ministries and departments, especially the Ministry of Labour and the RRC.
- Be in-charge of immigration and work permit application and monitor staff movement.
- Be actively involved in staff security awareness – safe and safety awareness programmes and review incidents reports and give advice and recommendations accordingly.
- Ensure that the human resources process and documentation meet the audit and donor requirements
- Develop and coordinate the staff workplace programmes to include activities and dissemination of information on Corporate Social Responsibilities and professional development programmes.
- Supervise and manage the human resources and administration staff reporting to this position and ensure effective delivery of work and staff performance.
- Advanced (Masters) university degree in Human Resource Management, Organisational Development, Organizational psychology or Business Management/Administration, or
- A Bachelor’s degree as in Human Resources plus 7 years work experience at a senior level in HR Management.
- Experience in recruitment for emergency operations and understand the context of South Sudan.
- Good understanding of donor regulations and procedures with regards to hiring and retaining talent
- Honest and hardworking with a sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be self-disciplined person and is initiative.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in a team.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficient in micro-soft office packages such word and excel.
Further information and how to apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter including a CV in English with scanned copies of birth certificate, National ID and qualification documents, both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, including most recent/current employer/supervisor to the following email email@example.com
Mention the vacancy reference number in subject line.
e.g. CSS02/10/20 Human Resources and Administration Manager
Applications can also be hand dropped at Cordaid Juba Office located behind the Equatoria/UAP Tower. Just a road before Strome Foundation to the attention of the Human Resource and Administration Manager - Cordaid.
Deadline for submission is by the 27 October 2020
Cordaid is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications submitted cannot be returned. An integrity check will be part of the recruitment procedure.