Juba (South Sudan)
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Juba, South Sudan.
As MEAL Coordinator you will oversee ongoing development of the monitoring framework with long-term development towards learning and accountability. Your objective is to strengthen and provide strategic direction to the Country Programme in South Sudan for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) policies and procedures. You will ensure cross-learning among projects, create systems for accountability to people Welthungerhilfe wants to assist, donors and other stakeholders, and you will build capacity of MEAL staff. In addition you will support setting up the information management system, and also suppor in conducting assessments and surveys.
- Guide and support project-level MEAL planning, designing and implementation
- Support the design of baselines and monitoring plans, ensure the budgeting of monitoring activities, and review and revise monitoring tools and templates
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity building on MEAL
- Organise and/or monitor trainings for project and implementing partner staff, local organisations and beneficiaries
- Follow-up on global Welthungerhilfe monitoring initiatives (e.g. digital data gathering, remote monitoring, etc.) and on external trends
- Undertake frequent field visits to support design, implementation and adaption of project monitoring as well as joining external monitoring and evaluation missions
- Support staff in drafting progress/monitoring reports, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed
- Introduce qualitative monitoring and foster participatory planning and monitoring
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations (including ToR development) and identify lessons learned and implications for the projects next steps
- Represent Welthungehilfe at relevant coordination mechanisms
- A university degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience in international relations, research or social sciences
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in project management and MEAL for food security, WASH, nutrition, and/or agricultural development programming for an NGO or UN agency in fragile and insecure locations
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Experience in managing/supervising, training and coaching staff
- Relevant working experience in the region, preferably in South Sudan
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Willingness to travel in the field and work in remote places with basic living conditions (as allowed by security)
- A very good command of spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 1, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, religion, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.