Supply Chain Officer
The International Rescue Committee, Inc (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible of supporting the supply chain team and ensuring that all procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising known IRC standards. The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for following up on certain procurements remotely in different sites as needed, and will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
- Respond to procurement requests from program staff related to supplies, materialsand other terms for project beneficiaries and activities.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Analyzing procurement requirement and select the most appropriate methods based on the established policies.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Support in the preparation and execution of contracts for recommended bidders and contracts renewal process
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting ATC checks, reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Support in drafting RFPs and tender meetings & evaluations.
- Support in implementing procurement plans.
- Prepare payment requests and collect all needed documents to facilitate payment submission, and coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested when possible.
- Conducting regular market survey for commonly purchased goods and services.
- Coordinate transportation of procured items to other IRC locations.
- Collect needed documentation from different departments and site and lease efficiently.
- Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Assist in updating the Purchase Request Tracking Sheet (PRTS) and other procurement Tracking Sheets regularly.
- Keep good track of suppliers performance and maintain a database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, service and goods
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing system for both hard and soft copies.
- Be an integral part of the procurement team and support all members under the supervision of direct manager.
- Perform other duties as required by the Senior Supply Chain Officer and the Procurement Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position directly supervises:NA.
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal:Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels.
External:Vendors and Services providers.