Data and Monitoring Project Advisor
New York City (United States of America)
As a member of the Measurement Unit, the Data & Monitoring Projects Advisor will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and project management support to our organization-wide measurement strategy, often in a highly cross-functional manner. This will include running ongoing work-streams, building and piloting new initiatives, and making recommendations on key project decisions.
This is a dynamic position that will require you to develop broad familiarity with the span of IRC programs and operations across all IRC programming: education, health, governance, economic recovery and development and protection. You will need to quickly break down problems and iterate rapidly towards effective solutions, generating support, and building partnerships. It will require strategic problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of personal initiative and enthusiasm for working in a complex, multicultural environment.
Lead the revision and maintenance of IRC’s core indicator list and the indicator selection tool (IST)
• Coordinate with the Technical Units to update and revise the core indicator list
• Take forward the results of the indicator uptake review, collecting further user feedback to identify gaps and design improvements to the IST
• Work with MUIT and the developers to define new requirements and ensure the final product meets those requirements
• Manage the improvement and expansion of guidance materials and establish maintenance routines, in collaboration with internal partners
Coordinate the collection, analysis and presentation of annual organizational data from all IRC countries
• Coordinate and lead trainings, communication, workplanning, etc. to ensure country program and M&E staff get the information and support they need.
• Support the analysis of the data and the development of the dashboards to reflect IRC’s work in a way that is accurate and appropriate, while building data literacy across the organization.
• Lead collection of feedback and apply to make process improvements and update data requests as necessary.
• Contribute to the long term strategy for integrating this data into emerging and evolving routines.
Lead the development, testing and roll out of cross-cutting measurement tools and processes
• Coordinate the measurement technical working group to maintain open channels of communication and foster collaboration.
• Consult measurement colleagues to understand existing opportunities and barriers to the effective measurement of our projects and strategy and formulate solutions.
• Plan, coordinate, and support pilot testing of new measurement initiatives
• Drive successful uptake of tools by creating effective communication plans, detailed documentation and high-quality trainings materials.
• Projects could include but are not limited to: improved beneficiary counting methodologies; new tools to support data collection, analysis and/or quality assurance; other key projects as agreed.
Position Reports to: Director of Data & Monitoring
Staff management: None