Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
New York City (United States of America)
The FP&A Senior Analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Management, and will be eventually assigned to a sub-department.The FP&A Senior Analyst will also be part of an extended FP&A organization with Finance and other IRC functions.
The FP&A Senior Analyst has a proven understanding of budget development and management; and is a strategic finance partner, with an ability to tell a story through numbers. Process management is an integral part of this role, and you will confidently manage the financial planning process for sub-departments, while ensuring key partner consensus, including ER and Finance leadership. Finally, you have honed your skills in revenue forecasting and modeling and will successfully forecast multi-year income revenues.
• Work closely with the Director, ER team and Finance in developing annual budgets and forecasts;
• Provide expertise and leadership on assigned process or content areas; for example, advocacy and communications, mass market, or high value;
• Collaborate closely with ER leadership and manage partner consensus;
• Generate and analyze the monthly actual reports for assigned departments and work with the departments to identify issues and opportunities versus budget;
• Partner with the extended FP&A team to continuously improve annual budget and forecast processes;
• Design reports and analyses to enable management decision-making as relates to annual budget and ongoing funding decisions;
• Provide ad hoc finance decision support on critical initiatives, including the development of business cases for new projects or funding areas; and,
• Support the continued development and implementation of software and systems (e.g. Power BI, Microsoft D365) that enable FP&A delivery.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Director, Financial Planning and Management, who in turn will have a dual reporting structure to both Senior Director, Business Operations and Analytics and the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: n/a