Monitoring ,Evaluation ,Accountability and Learning Officer
The MEAL Officer will deliver to overall program quality through the coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability, and learning strategies; the emphasis is on interpersonal processes and tools for efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the IRC’s various sectors and grants. This position is based in one of our field offices but will require frequent travel to the intervention areas. This position will report to the Field Coordinator in the field offices and to the Senior MEAL Manager in Addis Ababa.
Responsibilities and tasks
Accountability and Monitoring Systems
- Develop and/or update M&E tools, databases, and monthly reporting formats in close collaboration with the MEAL focal points/sectoral managers.
- Support the staff in mobile data collection; using Kobo Collect, Commcare, and the IRC apps to collect and analyze data.
- Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high-quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals and an action plan and send this to the Field Coordinator, MEAL Manager, and Technical Managers and Coordinators on a monthly basis.
- Beneficiary counting: a quarterly gender and age disaggregated overview per grant per sector should be provided.
- Support staff on data management and storage to field staff, in collaboration with IT.
- Bring to the rollout of IRC global initiatives related to measurement and accountability, and enable reporting against IRC global standards and requirements.
- Set up feedback channels for all sectors or per location depending on the context and appropriate for affected populations
- Develop an implementation plan for the feedback mechanisms that will be used by CRA Assistant
- Setting up and lead Feedback Registry, data collection, and monitoring tools for client responsiveness that can be used for MEAL/CRA Assistant and the field team.
- Conducting detailed data analysis for quantitative and qualitative data received through the different channels and present statistics in clear formats to highlight feedback trends
- Provide Supervision support to program and grants team at field meetings, project review meetings for analysis and decision making at the field office level.
- Working closely with the Safe Programming Manager and Sector Managers in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly CRA reports
- Ensure efficiency of the established CRA data management platforms
Assessment, Learning, and Documentation
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to projects on assessments and evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis, and report writing.
- Attend semi-annual meetings with other MEAL Officers, the senior M&E officer, the MEAL Managers, and the MEAL Coordinator on project monitoring and learning updates, achievements, challenges.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, client feedback channels, and other learning activities.
- Run supervision and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of lessons and validated findings/analyses
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitate, and participate in information sharing opportunities among IRC offices/partners/donors.
- Facilitate capacity building for other IRC staff (especially the MEAL/sector managers on skills and knowledge related to M&E and accountability and learning, including related IRC initiatives. Relevant topics may include but are not limited to, crafting monitoring tools, leading budgets, analyzing data, conducting assessment/ evaluation, and implementing feedback mechanisms.
- Conduct visits to sub-offices and intervention areas to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that M&E and CRA tools and strategies are understood and being implemented efficiently.
- Provide training on how to collect, document, refer and respond to client feedback for the focal points who run client feedbacks.