IT Procurement Delivery Manager
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
IT Procurement Delivery Manager
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
IT Procurement Application Delivery Manager in the Project and Portfolio Management Section, Application Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
You will report to the Head of the Project and Portfolio Management Section and be responsible for efficiently managing the applications lifecycle of the IT solutions related to the Agency procurement processes and their integration within the overall landscape.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- supporting customer representatives in the definition of business needs and requirements; translating and consolidating those requirements into technical specifications;
- planning and implementing agreed IT solutions, throughout the project life cycle, from preparation to closure, including analysis, design, development (i.e. instantiation, composition and customisation of tools), testing and handover to operations, and managing all related procurements and contracts; organising and leading project teams and managing supplier performance;
- monitoring and controlling project scope, cost, schedule, quality, issues and risk, taking appropriate action on any deviations and ensuring compliance with QMS procedures and adopted project methodology; providing regular, comprehensive status and progress reports to the Portfolio Manager and governance hierarchy, prioritising critical topics as required;
- providing expert support to business counterparts, identifying areas for improvement in business processes, and providing possible solutions compliant with the IT strategy;
- monitoring the evolution of solutions available on the market related to your area of responsibility and providing advice;
- ensuring that the applications under your responsibility work as expected by customers and that bugs are promptly analysed and resolved;
- performing any other activities as deemed appropriate to cope with emerging needs within the IT Department.
You will also support:
- business change managers in identifying potential change management issues and devising appropriate solutions;
- the definition of roadmaps, including high-level needs analysis, solution evaluation and preparation of business cases related to proposed solutions;
- the solution architect by aligning evolving solutions with the overall Corporate Information System architecture, regarding any change within the related portfolio involving major or minor enhancements;
- the internal cost planning of the Department by supporting the portfolio Manager in preparing and ensuring accurate planning and forecasting of costs.
You should have a Master's degree in IT engineering and/or business administration
You should have a solid professional background in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration. Project management certification would be an asset.
Other requirements are:
- In-depth knowledge of public tendering and procure-to-pay processes;
- Proven experience in managing and leading complex projects from design to deployment;
- At least 15 years’ proven experience in leading the design, build and deployment of SAP SRM and MM systems;
- Proven experience of processes and systems integration;
- Proven experience of development of custom applications;
- Excellent presentation and negotiating skills are required, together with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment;
- Experience in working in a multicultural and public sector.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 9 December 2020.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (http://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.