Supply Chain Officer
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 3.8 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis with an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region. IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Job Overview/Summary: Dual reporting to Operations Manager based in Gaziantep and the Supply Chain Coordinator based in Amman The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for the efficient coordination and process of procurement requirementsand Supply Chain activities related to operations support in NWS and in close coordination with Supply Chain staff based in Amman.
The Supply Chain Officer will procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records and will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
1. Procurement Planning
Working closely with Procurement Manager, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Implementing program and operations procurement processes operations support for Syria including procurement of goods and services from Turkey through current MSA/ MPA. This includes drafting Requests for Quotations, Bids Analysis and Contracts/Purchase Orders and facilitating relevant reviews for procurement in Turkey with support from Amman based staff
- Procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy.
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
- Coordinating with Finance and Supply Chain departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Update PRs on BVA system on regular base in coordination with other procurement officers, Senior procurement officer, senior procurement Manger and Supply chain coordinator.
- Ensuring that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time. This includes routine communication, coordination and planning
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor policies and procedures and it is transparent and responsive to IRC needs.
- Manage Gaziantep Hotel Bookings through MPA an venue requirements
- Scout Market in Turkey to further support operations and logistics support to NWS.
- Maintaining oversight on monthly trackers for frequently purchased supplies (i.e. kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, fuel, drinking water etc.) in operations office.
- Ensuring all SC related documents and files (electronic and hard copies) are properly archived, organized and up to date, and ensure regular back up of SC files on the relevant IRC formal files storage systems/means
3. Contract Management
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will:
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Update and maintain a proper filing system as per IRC Supply Chain filing protocol.
4. Supplier Management
The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping. This includes:-
- Maintaining suppliers files and documentation and staying informed of current local market conditions in Turkey
- Monitoring and documenting supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
5. Compliance and Ethics
You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
- Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator on time.
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
7. Assets and Property Management:
- Oversee IRC standard asset & property management policies & procedures and ensure the proper application of asset and property tracking including asset register, asset inventory list, expendable store inventory list, and monthly reports.
- Oversee assets’ storages, asset movements and while ensuring assets are properly maintained and utilized.
- Distribute and generate asset monthly reports to inform Supply Chain Coordinator, HQ, donors, and other internal and external stakeholders of assets status, disposition plans, and to highlight any losses, and/or damages.
- Conduct asset-need surveys to identify needs for asset renewal for Gaziantep and Ankara offices.
- Propose enhanced internal procedures to better manage assets and property management such as asset disposition and asset maintenance, in Gaziantep and Ankara offices.
- Act as the focal point for any international shipments and for cross-border shipments to Syria. Manage logistics for international transportation, includes customs regulations and any required documentation for shipments to inside Syria along with participating in having contracts (MSAs) for transportation to inside Syria.
- Liaise with Turkey Country Representative for TRC approval needed for shipments crossing into Syria through the humanitarian route.
- Coordinate with 3rd party inspection companies before shipping to inside Syria to conduct on-site physical inspection, review inspection reports co-jointly with Health Program, highlight discrepancies to Supply Chain Coordinator, and propose corrective actions.
- Coordinate with Partner organization to ensure presence of Partner Representative(s) at the border when clearance process is being conducted.
- Draft authorization to receive letter(s) to ensure IRC Representative is present at the border when clearance process is being conducted for IRC shipments.
- Follow up with Partner to ensure timely receiving of Delivery reports.
- Follow up with supplier regarding the delivery of missing items, damaged items and act as the focal point for reporting discrepancies to Supplier(s).
9. Emergency & Preparedness:
- Function as emergency logistics focal point, in coordination with in-country Emergency team.
- Support the country program team in updating and maintaining the preparedness and response plan and update contingency stock when needed.
- Assist the relocation and/or disposition of assets and properties in cases of evacuation and/or relocation.
- Track assets under the custody of Partners and coordinate with Partner organizations the relocation and/or disposition of assets in cases of evacuation and/or relocation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Supply Chain Coordinator in Amman, Jordan and Operations Manager in Gaziantep, Turkey
Indirect Reporting: Turkey Office Representative.
Position directly supervises: None.
Position indirectly supervises: None.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations staff and country Supply Chain staff at all levels.
Internal:All program sectors coordinators and managers, Field Manager and Deputy Field Manager in Northern Syria;
External:Vendors and Services providers.