Director Global Compensation
New York City (United States of America)
The Director Global Compensation designs, develops, executes, and communicates global compensation programs, policies, and procedures. The Director Global Compensation will ensure the compensation programs remain competitive by keeping current with both sector specific and general compensation trends and best practices to enhance the organization’s ability to attract and retain employees.
• Subject matter expert on current market practices and trends to ensure compensation policies, procedures, and practices are externally market competitive.Partners with external vendors and other peers organizations to increase sharing of compensation practices and survey participation.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations related to IRC’s compensation practices. Interprets and implement federal regulations, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII as they relate to compensation practices.
• Leads the annual merit increase process for US and Europe staff by working closely with the HRIS team and provide guidance for local staff processes in other countries.Provides consult and guidance for all IRC countries annual merit processes.
• Evaluates and assists senior leaders in strategic implementation of department organizations.Consults on salary offers and salary adjustments to ensure externally competitive and internally equitable.
• Owns the global job analyses and evaluations to determine appropriate salary bands and compensation levels.Updates annual salary band structure according to the organization’s philosophy and external market developments.
• Ensures country salary structure reviews are conducted in accordance to IRC’s compensation guidelines and methodology.
• Design compensation trainings to build HR team’s compensation capability, educate leaders and staff.Create compensation reports and tools to improve effectiveness of compensation administration.
• Develop and maintain a tracking system to analyze metrics to ensure effective pay decisions and pay practices.Makes recommendations for adjustments to policies and processes when appropriate.
• Develops and executives compensation processes to ensure the successful application of salary administration guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Manages the Compensation Associate and provides guidance to MENA Compensation and Benefits Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the HR department and function at IRC.