Senior Coordinator, Optimization
Senior Coordinator, Optimization
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Uganda
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The CHAI Uganda Infectious and non-communicable diseases’ (INCD) program aims to support the Ministry of Health to strengthen management systems, including strategic planning and execution, increase access to optimal medicines and technologies, facilitate the development and scale up of resilient health service delivery models and information systems as well as identify sustainable financing mechanisms for the HIV/AIDS response in the country.
Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Coordinator, Optimization will provide technical support to the Uganda Ministry of Health to enhance access to optimal medicines for people affected by HIV, TB, Cancer and other non-infectious diseases. In close conjunction with the Ministry and NGO partners, they will support efforts to optimize Uganda’s product selection and strengthen the systems that promote uptake of those products.
The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with exceptional ability to apply clinical knowledge through in public health settings and should have experience in complex problem solving and stakeholder relationship management. They will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from leading stakeholder meetings to gaining consensus on proposed recommendations to supporting MoH to operationalize these recommendations. The Senior Coordinator must become quickly well versed with the costs, efficacy and side effects of diverse drug regimens and formulations and must be able to navigate politics and build relationships at every level. They must exhibit a passion for results and a commitment to excellence.
Working closely with Ministry of Health (MOH), partners and relevant technical working groups or committees, the Senior Coordinator, Optimization will:
- Undertake consultative processes with stakeholders to enhance systems for product introduction and maximize efficiencies and effectiveness during the optimal products’ scale up
- Support analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any policy revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of the optimal products
- Support MOH in development, costing, implementation and monitoring of detailed national scale up plans for optimal treatment products
- Coordinate the integration of optimal products into existing country and partner procurement programs.
- Support integration of commodities into technical support documents such as treatment guidelines, training and mentorship tools to enhance optimal product uptake
- Review health information and logistics management systems to ensure critical data on supply and consumption of optimal products are captured through these systems
- Support periodic reviews and document process of product introduction to identify best practices and course correct when bottlenecks arise.
- Develop and maintain strong, trusted working relationships with key stakeholders in government, professional bodies, regulatory authorities, development partners and NGOs to facilitate optimal product introduction and scale-up
- Perform any other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine (MBChB) or related field
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in a demanding result driven environment, with increasing levels of responsibility in the public sector and/or private sector
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment and ability to be influential with limited authority
- Strong analytical skills and technical capabilities; demonstrated capacity to synthesize data into an effective presentation of results and ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong command of the English language
- Balances time and focus across multiple projects within program area as needed in order to meet deadlines
- Provides input on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analyzes multiple alternatives before proposing a potential solution
- Effectively transfers acquired knowledge and expertise
- Stays up to date with the latest knowledge, skills, industry trends, organizational policies and procedures specific to own project work
- Experience informing development of government strategy, policy, and operational plans, preferably in health systems
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field preferably with a quantitative focus
- Experience working in the HIV or TB program space
- Familiarity with a broad range of key global health issues, including health systems or health financing challenges in developing countries