Education Construction Specialist
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of the Education Construction Specialist in close collaboration with the Supply Section, the incumbent shall carry out the following activities:
- Support construction project management including damage assessment, budgeting for construction and rehabilitation needs and monitoring and controlling the quality of the work within the framework of the country programme and projects.;
- Develop or support the development of tender documents in collaboration with MINEDH and/or UN-HABITAT depending on contracting options (through MINEDH, NGOs or direct contracting)
- Review or support reviewing applications of bidders in collaboration with MINEDH and/or UN-HABITAT depending on contracting options mentioned above
- Ensure all procurement activities are in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, SD Manual, and all other applicable procurement procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to government and MINEDH counterparts through periodic coordination meetings on the areas of public social infrastructure construction in particular procurement;
- Support training sessions for district technicians, building masters, communities, NGOs and other partners involved in the projects;
- Support the reporting of activities as required by donors and partners in the implementation process.
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
- University degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant professional work experience in procurement, engineering or a similar field;
- Work experience in public building construction processes and projects with knowledge of procurement, supervision, quality control, management, programming and planning of works;
- Familiarity with requirements and process on procurement in the context of Mozambique in general and construction works in particular is a strong asset;
- Work experience with MINEDH, NGOs, international agenciesand private companies in construction work is also an asset
- Knowledge of housing/public building construction (including design and calculation of building structures) and reconstruction especially in flood, cyclone, earthquake and drought-prone areas;
- Familiarity with disaster risk reduction construction works and resilient infrastructures; ideally in school reconstruction and/or education in emergencies;
- Experience in working with high level institution
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Experience in analytical work and negotiations. Experience and ability to manage and monitor the effective use of financial and material resources.
- Proficiency in using relevant software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and medium technical expertise in using GIS application, 3D Modeling programs and CADs
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 03-12-2020