Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Team Lead, Detection, Verification and Risk Assessment the Epidemiologist will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in the detection of COVID-19 cases through the official MoH websites and other sources of information;
- Prepare relevant report with regard to COVID-19;
- Assist in the data management of COVID-19;
- Collect indicators relevant to COVID-19;
- Act as country focal point for COVID-19 in selected countries;
- Assist in the conduct of risk assessment for COVID-19.
Bachelor of Science in Public Health or Doctor of Medicine or Veterinary Medicine.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least two-year work in Public health, epidemiology or Information Management either in Public or Private sector. Has been working mainly with issues on communicable and non-communicable diseases and its relation to public health in general. Data management work includes data collection, cleaning, analysis and report generation is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Basic Epidemiology.
Accountability, Building Trust, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
Instructions for application:
1. Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2. Click on “Candidate Signup”
3. Register with UNV database by entering basic personal information
4. Click “Sign Up”
5. Receive notification e-mail to your provided e-mail
6. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
7. Complete all the required sections (experience, education, languages, etc.) under “My Profile”
(Congratulations! Your profile was successfully entered into UNV database and will be considered for future Assignments in Jordan and internationally.
8. Go to “My Page” -> continue to “Special Calls” -> click “Apply” for the assignment -> press "Submit my Application”