UN Country Coordination Specialist
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UN Resident Coordinator in Fiji or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer UN Country Coordination Officer will:
- Under the guidance of the RCO Team Leader and in close collaboration with the M&E Specialist in Fiji RC Multi-Country Office, ensure strategic planning, coordination, monitoring, and reporting of UN country level programming:
- support the country level planning of UN programming aligned with the UN Pacific Strategy/UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework;
- support continuous monitoring, population and analysis of country level indicator data to inform reporting as well as further programming and resource mobilisation;
- Identify entry points for UN programming in support of national development strategies and the SDGs;
- Provide country context information to results groups and other inter-agency working groups under the UNPS;
- Support the RC and Pacific UNCT in identifying risks and opportunities related with specific partnerships and programming, and suggest mitigation measures as relevant;
- Support UN’s accountability to national entities through reporting, dialogue and consultations as required;
- Support facilitation of UN agencies’ correspondences and communication to national entities;
- Support UN incoming missions with establishing contact with relevant entities, suggestion for mission programme, provide supporting materials;
- Participate on behalf of the UN in development and coordination platforms.
- Strategic inputs and technical support to policy integration work on Samoa Pathway and SDF for RCO in Government and stakeholders’ platforms.
- In cases of humanitarian responses, under the guidance of the RC, liaise with relevant entities to support collaborative UN response and assistance.
- Together with the Partnership and Development Finance Specialist based in Fiji RC Multi-Country Office strengthen partnership for resource mobilisation with country and regional level development entities, including:
- Provide strategic guidance and support to development and implementation of locally tailored partnerships and resource mobilization strategies and initiatives to engage partners, both traditional and non-traditional, for example through analysis of UN financial data, Common Budgetary Framework details and national development budgets as relevant to Federated States of Micronesia;
- Ensure good understanding of all existing resource mobilization partnerships and relationships at the country level, including organising development partners/donor meetings;
- Support in development of partnership engagement for continuity;
- In alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks and MAPS (Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support) and similar processes, provide technical and advisory support on Financing for Development options, instruments, and modalities to the RC and the UNCT;
- Analyze trends and provide advisory services on new and innovative financing mechanisms for development and SDG acceleration;
- Facilitate engagement with, and guide and support external stakeholders -including national government, international financial institutions and others – on Financing for SDG acceleration.
- Provide country context guidance in design and implementation of innovative proposals to strengthen the UNCT’s engagement and reputation, and to generate greater financial resources in support of the SDGs.
- Encourage country context in design, formulation, and implementation, monitoring and reporting of joint programmes, and joint programming processes amongst UN entities with a view for joint resource mobilization;
- Together with the Communications Staff based in Fiji RC Multi-Country Office strengthen Advocacy, External Relations, Communications at the country level:
- In support of the UN Communications Strategy and the UN Communications Group, establish and build the UN brand via events, media and public relations opportunities targeted to the diverse partners. This could include lead country level commemorations of international days such as UN Day, Humanitarian Day, 16 Days of Activism and other globally established days as appropriate;
- Identify developments at country level which will require communications actions by the RC;
- Support the roll out of the UN75 Campaign
- Together with Fiji RC Multi-Country Office Team ensure effective and efficient Knowledge Generation and Management advocating for country contexts;
- Manage the development, maintenance and sharing of knowledge and intelligence such as political, socio-economic and environmental development and communicate such, to ensure RC and Pacific UNCT are informed and well positioned to effectively generate and harness opportunities to advance on the Agenda 2030 as well as maintain political dialogue with member states;
- Coordinate country level UN meetings to facilitate information sharing amongst UN resident agencies, identify common areas of work and ensure areas of common concern are addressed appropriately;
- Provide briefings and information on UN’s activities and mandates as required to national entities;
- Develop briefing papers, talking points, speeches, concept notes, letters, presentations etc, on issues related to the country context for the RC and other colleagues as appropriate;
- Attend RCO Fiji Team meetings and other platforms to remain up-to-date on developments around the Pacific and share information and experience about the country context.
- UN Coordination Office
- Support appropriate admin, finance and logistic processes of the coordination related aspects of the UN Office as per UN Regulations and Rules and in close collaboration with relevant UN entity and national counterparts
- Liaise with Area Security Coordinator and UNDSS staff to support UN personnel’s security and safety both at residence as well as workplace;
- Facilitate inputs to, and follow-up of, Operation Management Team tasks conducted at the country level as outlined in the Business Operations Strategy;
- Develop a work plan and budget related to coordination of UN activities in the country;
- Any other tasks assigned related to management of the Office.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Knowledge about the UN and RC systems would be an advantage.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 3-12-2020