Digital Literacy Intern
Wichita (United States of America)
The IRC’s Career Development Program helps newcomers to the US develop skills and professional networks to help them achieve long-term career goals. Within this program, the IRC is starting a new pilot project: Digital Literacy for New Americans. Throughout the semester, the Digital Literacy Intern will assist with developing, piloting, and evaluating a set of digital literacy learning resources designed to help refugees and immigrants acquire digital competencies needed for workplace success. This internship is an opportunity to gain experience in curriculum development, adult education, and program evaluation.
Minimum 10-15 hours/week during IRC office hours, 2-3 days/week. Regular schedule required. 2-3 month commitment.
- Recruit participants for Digital Literacy Pilot and work closely with Career Development Coordinator to implement and monitor initiative
- Streamline content of existing digital literacy curriculum
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the pilot project
- Work with clients as they learn digital literacy skills related to job search, MS Office, online training platforms, communication, and continuous tech learning
- Organize and maintain client case files and perform other administrative duties supporting the Career Development Program, such as filing, copying, data entry, case notes, and answering phones
- Attend and assist with career-related fieldtrips
- Collect client stories to showcase benefits of career development trainings
- Assist with other Career Development Program activities as needed