Senior Evaluation Team Lead / Education Specialist
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for the upcoming Mid-term Performance Evaluation of USAID/Mali’s Girls Leadership and Empowerment Through Education (GLEE) Activity. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess the progress made by the GLEE Activity toward expected results, determine what mid-term course corrections are needed, and use the findings to inform the design of future projects. The evaluation would take place between January – March 2021.
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Senior Team Lead / Education Specialist, contingent on contract award.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Positions
The Team Leader will be responsible for overall logistical and technical leadership. They will have close coordination with USAID and MoE in leading the evaluation.
- Overall day-to-day management of contract activities involving multiple tasks across multiple locations.
- Principal interlocutor between the offeror team members and USAID
- Responsible for overall compilation of all deliverables
- Responsible for staffing, project planning and project financial management and reporting
- Responsible for staff direction and oversight.
- Maintain the relationship with USAID while collaborating closely with technical evaluation staff to ensure quality of the research design, methodologies, tolls, data collection processes and data analysis methods.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate degree or higher in international development, information management, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field;**
- 7+ years experience conducting mixed method evaluation research**
- Education sector expertise, particularly in girls education**
- Education in crisis and conflict, with experience in Mali and/or Sub-Saharan Africa would be helpful**
- Experience with education in crisis and conflict, especially in Mali and/or Sub-Saharan Africa.**
- Strong background and training in Qualitative research**
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques**
- Experience managing and coordinating complex evaluations, including evaluations of international projects; experience as evaluation team leader for at least 2 evaluations of similar scope and complexity**
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills**
- Proven ability in writing evaluation reports, delivering presentations tailored to different stakeholders, and the ability to use research findings to evaluate program implementation and operations**
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken) **
Mali, including travel across various regions
To lodge an application, please lodge CV (in English), via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/mali_team-leader-education-specialist/
Applications close 26 Nov 2020