World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) is looking for Data Management and Visualization Manager/Associate to join the Strategy Team. The incumbent will improve the use of program data in the way our teams manage relief operations and resilience programs and communicate impact to internal and external audiences. Working closely with the program teams, the Data Management and Visualization Manager/Associate will facilitate the design and implementation of data collection and visualization tools across WCK’s departments to improve the timeliness and actionability of program data monitoring and performance measurement.
This position will:
● Integrate World Central Kitchen’s data from different departments (eg. Finance, Relief, Development) and develop a dashboarding tool to monitor real-time performance.
● Oversee the deployment of data visualization tools to disseminate programmatic output in an interactive format (eg. Dashboards).
● Standardize the toolset the implementation of M&E with Relief Operations and Resilience teams to consistently measure program objectives.
● Develop training materials, user guides and organizational resources for WCK staff, contractors and volunteers on standard tools and processes.
● Lead on product development and licensing related to data collection, data visualization and performance monitoring.
● Prior experience working with BI tools and methods such as data warehouses, visualization tools, architectures and relational database systems (e.g. Airtable. SQL, PowerBI, Tableau).
● Working knowledge of SQL, java script, html or other relevant software languages
● Understands API development (REST) and can build integrations with existing APIs
● Proficiency in at least one or other language for applied to statistics and data analysis - Python, R, Matlab, SPSS.
● Knowledge of the IT infrastructure in low/intermittent bandwidth connections as it relates to disaster response or the NGO sector.
● Ability to communicate technical requirements and interpret design specifications from a diverse set of stakeholders – field and program staff and product managers.
● Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and field-testing surveys or other data collection instruments.
● Familiarity with common cloud platforms, AWS or GCP preferred.
● A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or the equivalent experience in data management or business intelligence tools.
o Associate: 2-3 years relevant work experience
o Manager: 4-7 years relevant work experience
● Understanding of Data Visualization best practices.
● Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems- and evidence-driven approach.
● Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure.
● Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization.
● Prior experience with mapping visualization is highly desirable.
● The needs of the organization can be unpredictable, a high threshold for ambiguity and the ability to work flexible hours is necessary.
World Central Kitchen offers competitive compensation and benefits including fully paid medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents. 403B with employers matching up to 4%. Group life and disability insurance that is 100% employer sponsored. 2 weeks vacation leave on first year of employment and up to 8 days of paid sick leave.
World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of all color and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one combined PDF document in the resume submit section.