The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Facilities Manager to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Responsible for developing strategic long-term vision of CIMMYT’s Infrastructure at HQ (Texcoco El Batan Site), advising on the adequate size, structure and function of the facilities in relation to the activities, staffing needs and objectives of the Organization.
- Optimize staff working environment and looking for opportunities to reduce carbon footprint.
- Supervise maintenance staff in carrying out works at the Centre and all its research stations and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and facilities in a cost-efficient manner and meeting quality standards (Including but not limited to the site’s electric, gas and plumbing systems). Prepare and follow up improvement plants to reduce down time and improve OEE.
- Ensure that the maintenance, refurbishments and repair works carried out at the Center comply with established standards and regulations by the various local, state and federal authorities (including obtaining right permits and licenses) and in line with the Organization’s own guidelines/instructions issued by OHS (Operational Health and Safety guidelines) and Risk Management.
- Oversees performance and quality standard to ensure outcomes meet client’s expectations within agreed project budgets.
- Coordinate construction and renovation projects at CIMMYT, through contractors in Mexico.
- Verify that the various stages of the construction and renovation projects are correlating with the established planning.
- Provide support and advice to construction and renovation projects as well as optimization of the infrastructure of CIMMYT’s experimental stations in Mexico and its regional offices in other countries.
- Carry out in any activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor for the proper functioning of the area.
- Annual OPEX and CAPEX Budget planning, execution and monitoring. Pursuing optimization strategies to achieve saving opportunities
- Monitoring and optimization of utilities consumption,
- Maintenance support of the Security systems and special equipment, as well advisory about maintenance and asset replacement strategy for specialized equipment Inside the Facilities.
- Owner of CIMMYT’s building blueprints.
- Contract manager for external services, such as cleaning of the facilities and waste disposal.
- Support adequate internal costing chargeback to internal users in collaboration with the finance department.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Masters’ Degree in Architecture, Constructing/engineering or in a similar field.
- Strongly preferred to have accreditation / certification of “Director responsable de Obra” in “Estado de Mexico”.
- At least 6 years of experience in similar roles or activities, ideally gained in both private and Non-For-Profit environments.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced (expert) skills in use of AutoCAD is necessary
- Proven experience in having high number personnel in charge of technical levels.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR
- The candidate must exhibit confidentiality, discretion, sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking, Customer Orientation and Time Management; in addition to these competencies, selected candidate should demonstrate the following managerial competences: Change Management, People Management, and Relationship with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20128 Facilities Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, November 9, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.