Field Finance Manager (Accounting, Systems and Treasury)
This position will ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with IRC and donor policy and procedures. Financial information is processed accurately and produced timely for review. Internal controls are regularly reviewed / discussed with FC with timely update. Staff training needs are identified timely and addressed through training workshops at both country office and field level.
Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
- Managing all aspects of the day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Review all payment supporting documents for completeness and internal consistency.
- Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to sun.
- Conduct monthly timesheets verification to ensure consistent adherence to allocations.
- Give feedback to Field Finance offices regarding their monthly accounting spreadsheets.
- Review cash reconciliation monthly from field sites.
- Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist on matters relating to payroll processing and be the finance focal person on payroll issues.
- Support finance staff in the field locations.
- Train newly hired finance staff in IRC accounting and policies.
- Frequently travel to field sites for monitoring and training purposes.
- Recruitment for field positions.
- Gap-filling in the field in case of temporary absence of field finance staff.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the AST department.
- Focal person for audits.
- Act at all times in accordance with country law and standards of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Be receptive to training provided and to develop technical and professional competence.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Country Director and Finance Controller.
- Communicate with Finance Controller on security issues within the office and outside the office.
- Report to the Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
- In coordination with the supervisor, carry out appraisals for staff in the department.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by the supervisor.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-Wide) as per the IRC country office reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.