Associate Reporting Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Team leader/Mopti region, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare summary and analytical reports including, but not limited to situation reports, briefing notes, options papers, code cables and input for the reports of the Secretary-General to the Security Council, General Assembly or other relevant bodies.
- Prepare contextual information materials such as background notes, political profiles and database of relevance to the assigned portfolio; Manage information to ensure its accessibility and utility.
- Monitor actions taken by intergovernmental groups, UN organizations, government and non-governmental organizations related to political development.
- Train, coach, mentor and ensure capacity development of national staff and/or (non-) governmental counterparts as appropriate
Political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or related fields. A first-level university degree (BA) in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, diplomacy, conflict resolution, development, disarmament or related field. Experience in political outreach, analysis and reporting is required. Experience in an international organization or non-governmental organization in a conflict or post-conflict setting is highly desirable.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Good computer skills desirableDriving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 15-12-2020