Deputy Director, Human Resources
Deputy Director, Human Resources
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF)’s works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunisation.
Talent is the fundamental driver of CHAI’s success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. CHAI’s organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. CHAI places a high premium on providing its staff with an environment that encourages entrepreneurship, alacrity, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues. All CHAI team members from senior most leadership down are committed to excellence in talent management.
CHAI/WJCF seeks a highly qualified Deputy Director, Human Resources to further this strategic approach to HR and support all HR functions for the CHAI India Country Office as CHAI evolves in the coming period.
CHAI/WJCF is currently seeking a highly qualified Deputy Director, Human Resources to support all HR functions for the CHAI India Country Office. This individual will be based in CHAI’s office in New Delhi and will directly report to the Country Director of CHAI in India. They will also work closely with CHAI’s Global HR and Recruitment Department to ensure integration of policies globally.
The Deputy Director’s primary function will be leading all recruitment efforts, developing HR operations and policies, supporting compensation adherence and partnering with country leadership on all aspects of HR management. This individual will play a central role in supporting the development of an organizational culture that reflects CHAI’s values including promoting accountability, focusing on impact and encouraging a culture of respect and innovation. While leading the HR India team, they are expected to streamline all HR operations within the CHAI/WJCF India office and ensure staff members have adequate HR support and guidance.
- Provide thought partnership to program directors and managers on key success factors such as designing of team structures, aligning of talent requirement, augmenting of skills, and planning for team growth.
- Act as an advisor to determine effective recruitment strategies that ensure appropriate links with succession planning and talent management processes.
- Work collaboratively with Hiring Teams to determine appropriate and equitable offer terms ensuring consistent implementation of the compensation framework and practices.
- Provide compensation support that includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and analyzing compensation, ensuring equity across job levels and career tracks, facilitating adherence to CHAI compensation framework, and providing relevant data to support annual compensation review.
- Work closely with CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Partner to optimize CHAI’s ‘Internal Candidate Pipeline’. Inform current staff in the India office about the ‘internals process’ and provide recommendations for upward and lateral mobility within the organization.
- Collaborate with India Leadership and Global Human Resource Partners to ensure onboarding is streamlined.
- Provide professional development support to staff as needed, including management training, career development, guidance on delivering and receiving feedback, address employee relations issues & succession planning.
- Lead the creation and implementation of staff engagement/training programs to promote organization culture.
- Support staff with inward and outward transitions and manage alumni network and leverage relationships accordingly.
- Provide oversight on benefits management, payroll administration, project start up and close out support, systems management and data record-keeping, leave record keeping, contract management for staff, independent contractors, and volunteers.
- Work closely with Country Director and Global HR on implementation of and adherence to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct.
- Advise the Country Director and Leadership team on employee related issues, handle investigations and liaise with legal counsel for resolution as appropriate.
- MBA or Masters or equivalent qualification in human resources management or organizational behavior or psychology
- At least 12 or more years of robust experience of leading an HR/ people and OD function within a values-based and outcomes focused environment
- Experience in leading on and delivering successful people strategies
- Experience in developing HR systems and processes
- Prior experience in managing employee relation issues within the India country context
- Strong knowledge of Indian labor laws
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi & other local languages strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, and capable of working independently as well as with a team
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
- Adept interpersonal skills; strength in developing and maintaining client management relationships
- Prior experience working with virtual teams and under matrix organization structure