Director, new Funding Modalities
Malaysia (Malaysia) | Switzerland | Thailand
The External Relations (ER) department is comprised of four complementary functions: Private fundraising, Mobilization & Marketing, Policy & Advocacy and Operations & Analytics. To enable IRC to deliver our Strategy100 commitments, the ER department has established an ambitious new approach that will improve our ability to raise diverse and flexible funding, while raising our profile and influence.
The International Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) team falls under ER and is comprised of global colleagues, delivering account management, philanthropy, board liaison, corporate as well as trust and foundation partnerships to support IRC’s national fundraising strategies.
This is a brand-new role that focuses on the pursuit of the identification and cultivation of new funding modalities (faith-based giving, membership-giving, innovative finance and venture philanthropy) for the IRC. The IRC has decided to make this area of strategic collaborations a strategic priority to diversify funding streams and influence global partners and markets. The Director will investigate, create, and pursue the achievement of new strategic partnerships with such partners to ensure lasting and innovative solutions for our programs and clients.
• Lead IRC’s efforts with faith-based and membership-based giving, innovative finance and venture philanthropy;
• Develop the long-haul strategy for the pursuit of these opportunities and secure the necessary consensus, including the development of appropriate systems and processes to ensure the securing and sustainability of such funding;
• Create and a lead a pipeline of new and innovative financing ideas and potential projects, including developing concepts, research and developing business cases for senior leadership;
• Implement new appropriate stewardship and cultivation plans and modalities and pursue these opportunities, while coordinating with internal partners to ensure smooth delivery of objectives;
• Develop fundraising plans and ideas, and manage negotiations with external parties;
• Explore further concepts and partnerships around new financing modalities.
Key Working Relationships:
You will report to: Senior Director, Global Leads New Business Development
You will work and collaborate directly with the following departments:
• IPP Leadership
• USA Philanthropy
• Other External Relations Departments
• Advanced degree (MBA, Finance, Economics, etc.) and at least 8 years relevant experience;
• Experience in business case development in the business or financial sector;
• Experience working with faith-based giving as well as membership-based giving;
• Experience building venture fundraising modalities;
• Expertise in project management with multi-faceted financial arrangements;
• Familiarity with financial models and financial modeling;
• Proven ability how to reconcile the needs of the IRC with those of a partner, including working with technical departments and stakeholders.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.