Logistics coordinator (M/F) - Pakistan
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Pakistan since 1996. The organization currently implements 3 main projects.
MdM has been involved in Punjab for more than 20 years, opening its mission in Pakistan with a mother and child health programme in South Punjab in 1996. In 2017, MdM started a 7-year project on sexual and reproductive health and rights in 3 phases (pilot 2017-2020, scaling 2021-2023 and replication 2024-2025) to support Population Welfare Department of Punjab to improve adaptation and utilisation of family planning and contribute to prevent unintended pregnancies
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Project:
A long-term post emergency program focusing on access to health care for the populations affected by the conflict in KP and/or natural disasters since 2009. Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province experienced several crises, following continuous military interventions in various locations which resulted in massive displacements of populations. MdM is supporting KP health department in provision of health care services to both displaced and host populations in KP, with a focus on reproductive health. Currently MdM operates in 4 districts supporting 24/7 basic delivery services.
Ongoing in Pakistan since 2005, Operation Smile provides reconstructive surgeries to men, women and children victims of acid burns or having cleft palates. A team of French volunteers composed of one surgeon and two nurses comes to Pakistan twice a year. MdM works in partnership with hospitals in Islamabad and local specialized organizations to identify the patients and insure their follow-up, including psychological aid, social and financial support.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the overall management of supply chain activities and technical logistics, the balance between resources and needs as well as compliance with standards, protocols and procedures.
You work closely with the rest of the coordination team. You directly supervise one logistician based in Islamabad, while providing technical support to one logistics officer (Lahore), two logisticians/administrators (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) and other logistics support staff.
Your main responsibilities are :
- Lead the development of the logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation
- Define, adapt and implement the logistic tools and processes and train the teams on their proper use
- Assist teams in the field in the planning of logistics activities and priorities
- Provide input on logistics matters for proposal and report writing
- Work closely with the coordination team to address queries and needs received from teams in the field
- Ensure communication related to logistics issues with HQ logistics department
- Perform the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistics tasks and duties, including those in case of emergency responses
- Ensure the appropriate selection, installation, use and maintenance of equipment (IT, communication, vehicles, energy & electricity, cold chain)
- Guarantee the availability, implementation and management of all technical and logistical resources
- Participate to needs assessments in the field
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses
Procurement supply chain and stock management
- Ensure the implementation, follow-up and respect of logistics procedures
- Participate in the development of a procurement strategy fulfilling all policies and requirements
- Ensure monitoring of purchasing processes (including customs clearance)
- Ensure the respect of stock management processes
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a filing system for procurements
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a suppliers database and develop relationships with local suppliers
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a corruption risk mitigation system
- Be responsible for the line management of logistics staff
- Facilitate the overall communication on issues related to logistics
- Develop capacity building and training for logistics staff
- Ensure briefings and debriefings of staff on logistical and technical aspects
Meetings, representation and reporting
- Attend various coordination meetings
- Attend external meetings related to logistics or security
- Consolidate logistics reporting and prepare written logistics reports
- Organise regular meetings with the capital and field logistics teams
- Ensure logistics file archiving and proper use of logistics SharePoint
- Be the security focal point (by delegation of the general coordinator)
- Be part of the crisis management team when needed
- Provide support and advice to the coordination team in security management
- Develop, review, implement and monitor security measures
- Monitor the security context
- Compile and ensure proper filing of security incidents
- Define, implement and supervise the logistical part of the security pack
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: January 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience of one year minimum in a similar position with an INGO required (with MdM is an asset)
Experience in security management
Ability to work in a volatile security context
Ability to work under pressure
Leadership, team spirit
Reactivity, anticipation, flexibility
Capacity to take initiatives
Organisational skills, reporting and filing skills
Interpersonal and intercultural skills
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment
Basic troubleshooting of routine office IT equipment is an asset.
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. Urdu, Pashtu or French is an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link : http://www.jobs.net/j/JZEzsqeV?idpartenaire=128