Financial coordinator (M/F) - Nigeria
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Nigeria, MdM has been implementing an emergency response programme in Borno state since 2016. The programme is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment, gender-based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa. MdM is running directly three clinics in Maiduguri Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila et El Meskin. A field team has been in place since June 2017 in Damboa local government area and is running two fixed clinics for IDPs and host population. MdM medical team is also supporting two health posts from the Ministry of Health in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
In November 2020, MdM launched a fact-finding mission in North-West Nigeria. This mission aimed at gaining an overall knowledge about the crisis and humanitarian needs in a highly volatile context. This could lead to a scale-up in MdM’s humanitarian operations in the country.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to any new emergencies.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the different aspects of the financial management of the mission, budget drafting and follow-up, treasury and accountancy. You have a functional link with the financial officer based at HQ.
Your main responsibilities are:
Financial organisation and compliance
- Develop and implement financial procedures and guidelines in line with all policies, regulations and laws
- Ensure financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied by staff
- Prepare financial reports and donor budgets
- Monitor overall budget consumption and update the budget follow-up tool, identify and analyse discrepancies and suggest solutions
- Ensure salary payments are in line with Nigerian Labour law
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level
- Ensure a harmonized financial organization and an accurate documentation of all financial transactions
Coordination and representation
- Work closely with the HR coordinator on all HR matters, such as salary payments and deductions
- Participate to grants review meetings and provide adequate financial information to the coordination team
- Organise budget follow-up meetings and share budget follow-up with programme and support teams
- Ensure representation of MdM with donors (by delegation of the general coordinator)
- Liaise with INGO finance directors in-country and participate in interagency coordination meetings
Partnerships follow-up and capacity building
- Provide oversight to MdM local partners activities, including compliance with donor regulations
- Develop capacity building of MdM local partners in financial management
- Ensure filing and e-archiving of partners financial reports and accountancy
Treasury and accountancy
- Ensure safe cash provision and management between the different programmes and bases
- Assess projects treasury needs, compile fund requests and submit them to HQ
- Ensure payments are made in a timely and secure manner
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy
- Be responsible for the line management of finance staff
- Develop capacity building and training for finance staff
- Facilitate the overall communication and provide support to the teams on issues related to finance
Communication, reporting and capitalisation
- Contribute to the financial part of the monthly reports
- Ensure that copies or originals of all legal documents and contracts are sent to HQ
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 10 months
Starting date: 10th February 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2846 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position
Experience in multi-donors budgets
Experence in training and capacity building
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Reactivity, anticipation, flexibility
Capacity to take initiatives and organisational skills
Ability to manage priorities
Diplomacy and team spirit
Ability to work in a volatile context
Knowledge of MS office pack
Knowledge of Saga is an asset
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. Hausa or French is an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link : http://www.jobs.net/j/JnCHTfrL?idpartenaire=128