||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
- The position is located with the RO for APAC of the RPD & is based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The RPD is responsible for consolidating & enhancing the linkages between our clients activities in the field with the strategic plan, the 2030 agenda & their overall future priorities & to make sure that they are appropriate to the country context.
- Our clients RO for APAC manages their project portfolio in the APAC region. It ensures that country priorities are in alignment with their organizational policies & strategic objectives & brings through its regional representative to the attention of the EMC opportunities & challenges in the region, allowing for timely feedback & responses to urgent demands & requests from the member states.
- The Afghanistan program is a strategic partner of the GOIRA in promoting sustainable urban development. Since 1992, our client has worked closely with the govt., municipal & local authorities, especially Afghan communities, contributing to the physical & social reconstruction of the country. Their work has focused on assisting the govt. in the development of urban policies & regulations, strategic urban planning, increasing municipal revenue, establishing CBO's, addressing the land & housing needs of IDPs, returnees & contributing to the provision of basic urban services.
- Our client has rolled out MGSP, funded by EU in 9 cities: Kabul (the capital), Herat, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif (Grade A cities), Farah (Grade B), Bamyan, Nili (smaller but fast growing & strategic cities). The program will support these 8 municipal authorities to survey & register all properties within municipal boundaries (for Kabul: 1 districts / Nahia). This will improve land management (e.g. increase tenure security & reduce land grabbing) as well as significantly expand the potential tax base for municipalities. To facilitate the strategic & sustainable use of local revenues, the program will support municipalities to undertake strategic urban planning at municipal level to promote LED, stimulate investment & expand inclusive service delivery. The process will be driven by local stakeholders & focus on linking urban planning with finance (public & private investments) to ensure plans are realistic & actually implemented. As Afghanistan is rapidly urbanizing, such strategic planning is an essential tool for managing urban growth & expanding access to services in already crowded & largely informal cities.
- The program will also improve the enabling environment for municipal governance by providing technical support to central govt. level authorities, including the GDMA, ARAZI & MUDA to improve national policies, legislation & guidelines.
- Inserting the properties data in tablet questionnaire based on CFA survey manual accurately during survey.
- Make sure that the data collected is accurate when inserting in the tablets & before transferring to database.
- Checking the parcels coordinate & make sure to insert data accuracy & record the needed information’s.
- Avoid from wrong entry, taken proper photos of owner, property & their documents.
- Pave the way & do awareness raising.
- Marking the doorways during the technical survey based on the inserted code in the tablets.
- Measuring all area & dimension of the property & building.
- Collect the street name.
- Responsible for existence of duplicate & displacement parcels.
- Giving awareness regarding CFA program door to door.
- Showing good manner & behavior during work in the area.
- Paving the way to register the properties for his team members.
- Concentrate on accuracy of property data records.
- Make sure their correct spilling during the record, try to get all correct documentation & take high regulation photo graph of land owner.
- Having good spilling & writing skill & do record according the document presented.
- Do not survey uncompleted document of property owners.
- During survey data record & make sure no mistake & error’s occur.
The Local Surveyor will report to the TL.
||- Ability to identify & resolve budgetary problems & identify sources for data collection. Shows pride in work & in achievements, demonstrates professional competence & mastery of subject matter, is conscientious & efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines & achieving results, is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns, shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives & ensuring the equal participation of women & men in all areas of work.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas & expertise, is willing to learn from others, places team agenda before personal agenda, supports & acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position, shares credit for team accomplishments & accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities & assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time & resources for completing work, foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning, monitors & adjusts plans & actions as necessary, uses time efficiently.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Good interaction with property owners during fulfilling the survey process.
- Keeping good manners while dealing with community.
- Continuously sharing knowledge & lessons learnt with stock office & govt. partners.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.