Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Supply and Logistic Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Operations Officer will be accountable for operations functions, facilitate change, provide risk informed, solution-focused analysis, advice and services and contribute to programme and management decisions for delivering results for children in specific operational contexts, main tasks are:
- Facilitating services in the functional areas of operations support: budget, financial management and reporting, facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communications technology, human resources, and safety and security;
- Understanding business needs for the office, to propose viable solutions aimed at value for money.
- Providing contribution to CPD, CPMP, AMP and support to Results Based Management and implementation using Value for Money criteria.
- Supporting the fundamentals of ICT management, information security and controls;
- Supporting supply and logistics strategies and interventions to meet programmatic needs while ensuring Value for Money (VfM), including procurement of fit for purpose products and services.
- Providing regular feedback on risks and achievements of operations functions in the office;
- Supporting the management of office premises and facilities with a specific focus on inclusive accessibility, eco sustainability and common premises;
- Supporting the Oman/Yemen country office during external and internal audit reviews, contributing with audit observations and monitoring implementation of recommendations.
- Facilitating business transactions processed by GSSC from a perspective of Efficiency, Performance, Risk Management and Fraud prevention
- Supporting the management of operations, where applicable.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
University degree in business administration or Human science or another relevant technical field.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in financial management or audit is required. Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required. Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is considered as an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Oman and legal residents in Oman with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 12-01-2021