FOOD FOR PEACE (FFP) COORDINATOR
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Food for Peace (FFP) Coordinator will lead project design, coordination, monitoring, documenting and reporting, and the implementation of the FFP Project and support other humanitarian programs being implemented as required. S/He will support the development of humanitarian strategies (integrating the overall CARE Yemen strategy) with a specific focus on the development and implementation of CARE Yemen’s COVID-19 Response. This will include leading the development of new opportunities through analysis of the humanitarian situation, assessment launching and proposal development.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination, the FFP Coordinator will play an active role in developing longer-term strategies with FFP/USAID and strengthen our food security program department. S/he is accountable to maintain open and constructive relationships with donors to ensure project compliance and quality. The coordinator will be responsible for timely submission of all donor reports. And, s/he will be responsible for building the capacity of CARE’s field team by strengthening their technical understanding and providing guidance.
The CARE Yemen COVID-19 Response project is set to end in June 2021, therfore looking to hire on short term basis.
- Program management and quality: oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the FFP funded program in line with country office (CO) program strategy as well as CARE International (CI) programming principles
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems for the project enhance accountability of CO vis-à-vis the communities with whom we work as well as other stakeholders (civil society, donors and government counterparts)
- Work with the information and reporting officer to produce necessary materials to disseminate information throughout CI and externally. Such materials may include situation reports, program strategy, fact sheets, briefing notes and others requested by CI members
- Coordinate with heads of finance, HR, procurement and program support to achieve program deliverables
- Assist the area managers with operationalizing CARE Yemen’s program strategy framework ensuring alignment with context and development needs
- Support in implementing CARE Yemen’s COVID 19 response plan with a large focus on preparedness and mitigation in WASH, Food Security and Cash, and Reproductive Health sectors
- At least a master’s degree in international relations, social sciences or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in coordination or management role, especially working with similar INGOs and/or Yemen context
- Proven training and experience in program/project cycle management including grant management in a conflict setting
- Previous experience in managing FFP and USAID Program, and training in humanitarian principles and standards including accountability initiatives
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy, and experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Proven experience in technical report writing, budget management and coordinating the production of these reports with various teams
- Excellent ability to negotiate with internal and external audiences, represent the organization in government, UN and NGOs and influence decisions
- Ability to manage stress, work under pressure, problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills in the face of unexpected challenges
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Excellent written and spoken English; fluency in Arabic a plus
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.