Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Junior Staffing Coordinator to support the Office of Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean (ALAC) and/or the Office of Middle East, North Africa, and Europe (MENAE) within USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). BHA leads and coordinates the U.S.
Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards.
The Junior Staffing Coordinator will be assigned to the ALAC and/or MENAE Management and Integration Team (MIT). Daily guidance and direction will be provided by the MIT Lead and Deputy for Management, with formal supervisory functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
Bachelor’s or graduate degree preferred, with minimum three years of administrative experience in an office environment preferred. Administrative/office experience may include internships.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills:
● Familiarity with USAID and its administrative rules, policies, and regulations;
● Familiarity with the various hiring mechanisms within USAID (including but not limited to USPSCs, PASA, Foreign Service, Institutional Support Contractors) and their effects on pay, travel, and other compensations;
● Knowledge of staffing procedures as they relate to BHA’s Response Management System, including the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) and Response Management Team (RMT) positions;
● Advanced proficiency in database management and analytic software and Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Google Sheets, and cloud management resources;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, SharePoint, and Windows file manager;
● Excellent communications skills and attention to detail;
● Ability to facilitate high-level, day-to-day staffing operations while making progress on long term projects;
● Ability to work well with others to ensure that tasks are completed well and on time;
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple, overlapping deadlines; and
● Ability to problem-solve and think critically.
● Supports office leadership with Planning Responsible Unit (RU) Responsibilities for DARTs and RMTs. This includes supporting Response Readiness systems including but not limited to Position Task Books, the on-call roster/reporting, and response readiness staff tracking system.
● Collaborates with the Office of Africa to standardize approaches, guidance, and processes for Responsible Unit Management for all Planning positions.
● Serves as the staffing liaison between the office(s) and response Deputy Manager for Operations (DMO)/leadership to address staffing needs and questions. In this role, support the recruitment and assigning of staff to planning positions on the DARTs and RMTs in consultation with ALAC/MENAE leadership.
● Works with other RUs and the BHA Response Management Systems and Performance Division to modify the Response Management System, e.g. creating or modifying roles/processes based on the needs of current responses and in preparation for future responses.
● Is responsible for managing and updating staffing tracker(s), organizational charts, and other relevant staffing documents for ALAC and/or MENAE office(s).
● Tracks ALAC and/or MENAE’s recruitment actions and assists with drafting memos and scopes of work with guidance and input from ALAC/MENAE leadership.
● Works closely with BHA’s Office of Humanitarian Business and Management Operations (HBMO) Talent Acquisition and Management Operations (TAMO) Team, Workforce Planning, and other relevant actors to ensure ALAC/MENAE is following current process guidelines for recruiting, hiring, and contracting. Proactively follows up with all parties involved in a recruitment, following through on timelines and deadlines.
● Facilitates bi-weekly staffing meetings with ALAC/MENAE’s leadership, including scheduling, logistics, and materials.
● Drafts and distributes weekly recruitment communications, including notes and staffing actions items to the ALAC/MENAE Senior Leadership Team.
● Manages recruitment records, including emails, electronic files, and file folders.
● Assists with creating standardized guidance on staffing for leadership review and supports implementation as directed.
● Assists with developing new approaches to standardize and strengthen onboarding, training, and resource development for staff.
● Conducts discreet, ongoing staffing analysis and works with leadership to identify staffing needs and implement (or develop) strategies that ensure the office(s) and responses are staffed with the right balance of roles, qualified staff, and resources.
● Maintains staffing gap analysis and produces written instruction and other documents, such as spreadsheets, presentations, and reports as requested by ALAC/MENAE leadership; and
● Assists with developing new systems and approaches to address ongoing recruitment challenges.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.