Associate Reporting Officer
Panama City (Panama)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Reporting Officer of the Regional Bureau for the Americas, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Keep abreast all developments in operations to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Prepare periodic reports, i.e. donor updates, internal sitreps, briefing notes for senior managers, and activity-specific reports as required.
- Liaise closely with all Units and country/ multi-country operations in order to gather and collate accurate data about refugees and assistance activities.
- In close coordination with functional units, provide support to operations to ensure timely and accurate report of progress.
- Consolidate data on Programme implementation and indicators (e.g. health, cash assistance, protection…) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. weekly or monthly Sitreps, activity-specific reports.
- Work closely with Information Management Unit to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation.
- Assist in the design, production and translation of newsletters, fundraising documents, and factsheets and ad-hoc reports for internal and external use.
- Assist with the development of standard presentations of the work of the Bureau.
- Assist in the preparation of information packages and briefing kits for meetings, missions and visitors on UNHCR activities.
- Assist in the archiving of regional documents ensuring materials are adequately tracked in shared folders.
- Assist in capacity building activities, as trainings and other support mechanisms developed regionally.
- Assist in producing donor’s visibility materials.
- Assist in drafting narrative and financial reports, in compliance with specific donor requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Communications, Business of Public AdministrationRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
A minimum 2 years of experience in a field related to external relations, communications, media relations or reporting.
- Experience in UNHCR, or the UN system and the humanitarian community desirable.
- Experience with handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Experience of working with a team in multiple locations is desirable in the specific areas of research and reporting, as well as regional and the country operational context needed.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
External relations, communications, media relations or reporting.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 22 January 2021 at 23:59hrs, Germany time