Sudan - Head of Mission
Khartoum (Sudan) | Sudan
COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Sudan
The Head of Mission is responsible for the country coordination in its different aspects: staff, logistics, budget and procedures’ respect. S/he represents COOPI in its relations with the donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies. S/he cooperates with the Area Manager (AM)/ Regional Coordinator in the definition of the Country Strategy and the intervention priorities. S/he guarantees the correct project implementation and ensures the Country Regulation presence and respect. He/she guarantees the compliance with the organization and the donors’ procedures.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- S/he manages relations with the main institutional donors and with potential ones;
- S/he represents COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners;
- S/he also is responsible of the organization’s reputation in the country.
Strategy and planning
- S/he verifies and proposes to the AM/DCC the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country;
- S/he contributes to the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country planning (projects and coordination).
- S/he coordinates and directly monitors projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards;
- S/he coordinates the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the AM/DCC and the headquarters support offices;
- S/he is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the central headquarters;
- S/he ensures the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
Country office management
- S/he is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines;
- S/he guarantees the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
- S/he is responsible for the local staff management;
- S/he participates and supports the AM/DCC and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff;
- S/he coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management.
- S/he is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules.
Economic and financial management
- S/he is responsible for the country’s economic result;
- S/he supervises the financial management and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected; s/he participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation;
- S/he has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country.
- S/he cooperates with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.
- Degree in Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, Agriculture or Sustainable Development and Sustainable Agriculture or a related field or equivalent work;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO;
- Previous working experience with main donors, specifically EU, ECHO, AICS, UN (SHF funds);
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.