IDLO IN MYANMAR
IDLO has been working in Myanmar since 2013, to support the country’s government justice institutions, lawyers, civil society representatives and communities to strengthen rule of law and access to justice, enhance gender equality and promote peace and development in line with Sustainable Development Goal 16, as part of the ongoing democratic transition in the country.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Operations Specialist, Myanmar, and in close coordination with respective Program coordination staff in country and at HQ, the Field Operations Associate will be expected to:
- Assisting the relevant managers in the recruiting process, including posting vacancies, receiving and long-listing applications, arranging interviews, conducting reference checks, drafting of offer letters and HR contracts, onboarding and separation;
- Monitoring leave records and ensure that the correct annual leave balance is calculated for all staff in Myanmar;
- Ensuring the accurate and punctual submission of timesheets on a monthly basis;
- Calculating the amount of salary payroll based on updated HR information on a monthly basis;
- Tracking local affiliate’ contracts’ expiry dates, drafting contract extensions as needed and required;
- Keeping individual HR personnel file private and up to date;
- Maintaining an up-to- date HR tracker or similar database and share with HQ on a regular basis and as required;
- Implement IDLO procurement procedures and policies and act as a focal point for procurement issues related to Myanmar Program;
- Coordinate the drafting and submission of procurement plans for all projects being implemented in Myanmar;
- Undertake all procurement for projects, in coordination with the HQ Procurement Unit, ensuring that purchases follow IDLO’s and/or donors’ procurement guidelines and procedures;
- Prepare and submit Purchase Requisitions, Payment Requests, Purchase order (POs) and contracts for services and goods, ensuring maintenance of an updated filing system with records accessible by the Procurement Unit.
- Monitor POs and contracts, including follow up actions and follow up for timely delivery of goods and services;
- Keep track of any contractual agreements and initiate extensions or rebidding of contractual agreements as appropriate, on time and in coordination with HQ Procurement Unit;
Administration and logistics
- Supporting the logistical and travel arrangements of incoming and outgoing staff and consultants;
- Facilitating the process for obtaining VoA (Business Visa On Arrival), extensions of Multiple re-entry visas and stay permits and
- Requesting and obtain Foreigner Registration Cards for Consultants, intern and International staff in Myanmar
- Keeping track of visa database and take appropriate action on time before expiry of respective visa
- Create and maintain inventory/assets list of all program and project assets in coordination with relevant program personnel and in accordance with IDLO policies;
- Provide periodic inventory checks and produce physical verification report for inventories with relevant project administrators;
- Make appointments with government, embassies, donors and others relevant stakeholders as needed;
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day arrangements of work-related car transportation;
- Create and maintain a sound filing system for all relevant administrative documents and correspondence, and share with HQ on a regular basis or as needed;
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree is a requirement. A degree in Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, or a related field is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field operations management, preferably within international organizations with donor funded programs.
- Experience working with multi-partner projects highly desirable.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Myanmar language are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Significant experience in Procurement, Administration and facility management.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency would be an asset.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a fixed term affiliate contract, with possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open only to Myanmar citizens.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
how to apply
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via ImpactPool.org at the following link
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: January 27th, 2021 at 11.59 am hrs. Yangon time).
Applications will be revised on a rolling basis and qualified applicants may be contacted ahead of deadline.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.