Legacy Giving Manager
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Manager, Planned Giving
Location: Temporarily remote, Greater Toronto Area (if applicable, may involve travel nationally up to 5% annually post COVID-19)
Status: Permanent, full-time
Contact level with Children: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are an inspiring team of intelligent disruptors who challenge each other to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca/careers
- We are looking for a candidate who will foster a high-growth approach to planned giving; someone who will engage our loyal supporters around our global human rights and global health cause
- Responsible for a portfolio of planned gift supporters and major philanthropists, soliciting both future and current gifts
- Lead the internal and external marketing efforts for the planned giving team, collaborating with internal teams and working with external vendors to build a best in class planned giving marketing program, confirming 50 new gifts in will per fiscal, while building a new pool of planned giving prospects
- Continue the strategic development of our legacy donor stewardship program, including the creation of donor touchpoints and content creation of donor stories/ testimonials for our website, marketing materials and Promising a Future newsletter
- You will have impeccable follow up, continuing to cultivate and solicit legacy gifts from an already identified prospect pool of donors interested in legacy giving
What does success look like?
- Lead virtual visits and online meetings with a portfolio of planned gift donors and prospects for legacy gifts, property gifts, complex gifts, major gifts and endowments
- Oversee an existing portfolio of planned giving donors, soliciting and stewarding this group for current gifts
- Execute on-going bequest marketing campaigns with internal marketing team and manage our vendors
- Maximize opportunities for growth by integrating the planned giving message into various marketing channels throughout the organization, increased collaboration with internal marketing team and ensuring legacy messaging is included in organizational marketing pieces, increased website and social media presence and print and digital campaigns
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A passion for planned giving and for speaking with our loyal supporters about children’s rights and gender equality
- An aptitude for planned gifts (such as gifts in will, life insurance, gifts of securities, Registered Retirement Savings Plan/Registered Retirement Investment Fund, endowments, and complex major gifts)
- A successful track record as a philanthropy/ planned giving fundraiser or directly transferable experience from another industry
- An adaptable work style; open to collaboration with diverse professionals; thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work culture
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s values
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply by January 31, 2021.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace and equal opportunity employer, committed to championing accessibility and diversity. We encourage individuals from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!