Chief of Party, Haiti Integrated Health Service Delivery
DAI seeks a Chief of Party for a four- to five-year USAID funded Integrated Health Service Delivery program. This project will deliver health services such as Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; HIV/AIDS; Family Planning and Reproductive Health from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary. Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts and community
- stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Provide technical and intellectual direction and leadership.
- Manage, lead and oversee all expatriate, local staff, consultants and subcontractors in
- achieving project results.
- Oversee all financial and administrative matters.
- Develop work plans for project activities.
- Oversee the participatory planning process to produce a strategic plan for
- project deliverables.
- Provide technical support in all program areas to team as needed.
- Oversee development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluating Plan.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all program areas; and
- Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required.
- Coordinate program activities with other donors.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience related to implementation of projects in lower- to middle-income economies.
- Prior Chief of Party (Country Director, Team Leader or Project Director) experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Substantial prior experience working on USAID-funded projects, and knowledge of USAID operations, priorities, and programming
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, International Development, Public Health or related field
- Experience with large service delivery projects.
- Fluent English is required and fluent in either French or Haitian Creole preferred
- Experience working in Haiti is desirable.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified