Senior Director, Experiential Marketing
New York City (United States of America)
Marketing & Mobilization (M&M), a key part of External Relations (ER) is a dynamic team tasked with overseeing and executing communications and marketing, building the IRC’s global profile and brand, increasing private revenue from deep donor engagement and partnerships, and influencing our target audiences – all in the service of helping people facing the world’s worst humanitarian crises. In alignment with our Strategy100 commitments, M&M has launched ambitious multi-year campaigns that raise funding, profile and influence and will improve our share of voice and resonance in key geographies and globally. M&M continuously innovates the IRC brand, which enables us to increase awareness, understanding of and support for our work.
We are elevating Events and Entertainment, crafting a new Experiential Marketing team as a part of IRC’s M&M, to proactively meet the needs of our ever-evolving digital world - and that is where you come in! The Senior Director, Experiential Marketing will provide creative leadership that maximizes the talents of our team of six, and work to define and implement short and long-term strategy for all events, high profile, celebrity and influencer engagements and experiential marketing across the organization. This role is paramount in realizing our ambitious External Relations Strategy for 2021 and beyond.
Highlights of your Responsibilities:
Experiential Marketing Operations
• Conceptualize, plan and develop experiential marketing strategy working with senior management to address our goals and growth plans globally.
• Provide vision and direction on programming, including building brand awareness and affinity and bringing IRC's mission and vision to life
• Coordinate day to day experiential operations and financial management of programs.
• Maintain cutting-edge knowledge and insights of the industry and competition to continuously identify potential partnerships and new opportunities.
• Identify and prioritize diverse partner and audience needs and apply this know-how to create experiential programs that drive donor engagement.
• Partner with External Relations teams to strategically capitalize on and develop spokesperson and celebrity relationships through events, press opportunities, cause-marketing campaigns and online, direct mail and video content.
• Regularly review, augment and refresh celebrity engagement strategy and list of potential celebrity ambassadors and advisors.
• Work with IRC’s celebrity patrons and voices to inventively engage and grow the influencer base.
• Run strategic events for donors and partners, including the IRC annual global Rescue Dinner and galas.
• Collaborate with other departments to drive impactful press and media opportunities, including third party events.
• Responsible for leading event partners and logistics including agencies, venues, contracts, outside vendors and production crew.
• Cultivate and maintain IRC’s voice through public activations and events.
Key Working Relationships:
You will report to: Chief Mobilization & Marketing Officer.
Your position supervises: a team of 6+ including the Director, Strategic Events and the Director, Entertainment Relations.