Consultant - GPPS Resource Hub
New York City (United States of America)
The Global Philanthropic and Partnership Services (GPPS) team is responsible for providing support for the IRC’s high-value fundraising teams. Within GPPS, there are functional specialists across a variety of functions, comprised of three pillars: Research, Partner Engagement and Corporate Affairs, and Program Services. Each of these teams creates assets for almost 100 fundraisers located extensively in the USA and other international markets – all working towards the goal of raising funds for the IRC from corporations, foundations and individual philanthropists globally.
GPPS, amongst other things, collates information from the field and our programs into donor-friendly propositions, provides materials to support all aspects of fundraising and working with donors. The first build will incorporate an expected 500+ documents and assets.
Currently, these assets are not all located in the same place or organized in a functional manner, leading to inefficiencies and GPPS’s (and ultimately the efforts of the two High-value teams) work not being capitalized upon in support of our financial and non-financial objectives. This consultant will help to build an internal site either on the IRC’s intranet site (called RescueNet) or on Salesforce’s Library and Content modules to house all of these assets (donor collateral, concept notes, videos, photos et al) in a user-friendly, interactive way, which will allow for among other things: multi channels searches, curated user experiences and opportunities via and onto the platform to ask for help or access material and/or other systems – for example for video content, for financial information and for events management - seamlessly.
Scope of Work:
The GPPS Resource Hub Consultant will work with the leaders of GPPS to:
- Provide advice and technical support (including some coding) of site design, creating a framework to fit best practice and consistency of user experiences across teams
- Build out site mapping of GPPS Resource Hub in a way that is easy to use for various learning styles
- Design and advise on tagging protocol to create a high functioning search capability
- Organize and upload materials in straight-forward, intuitive ways based on program type, program location, phase of donor journey, etc.
- Help team promote the platform amongst high-value fundraising teams to encourage a culture of document and expertise sharing to improve fundraiser’s self-sufficiency and access of GPPS resources
- Organize and provide training to fundraisers and other team members and users on the use of the platform
- Identify new needs and build evidence for upgrades or changes to help advance the team’s ability to meet business needs for all staff and stakeholders
- Liaise with other platform coordinators to look for ways to cross promote and provide gateways from one platform to another to ease the user experience
- Identify insights from platform performance data and provides advice to platform coordinators on best practice and ideas to improve and evolve the sites for users
- Design, organize and upload 500+ assets for the launch of a GPPS resource site
- Design and set up metrics to measure the performance and use of the site and the resources on it
- Produce training materials as needed (manuals, videos) and deliver initial orientation sessions in conjunction with relevant GPPS team members
- Provide first line technical support with first time users