Web Optimization Sr. Officer – Fundraising & Engagement
New York City (United States of America)
The Senior Officer, Digital Fundraising & Engagement Optimization helps to drive and coordinate optimization of IRC’s digital fundraising with a particular focus on web optimization both for fundraising and engagement (such as lead generation). Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, s/he works closely with all colleagues in the Digital Marketing team as well as with colleagues in IT, Marketing, and Communications to evolve IRC’s online digital fundraising and engagement programs.
1. Lead on the strategy and planning for optimization efforts for IRC’s web platforms, in particular donation pages and fundraising drives on the IRC website, including but not limited to form optimizations for fundraising, lead generation, and advocacy actions.
2. Own and optimize the donor/supporter paths to conversion; use performance metrics and conversion data to determine improvement opportunities on product placement, banners and home page content.
3. Design and execute A/B tests to improve online conversion rates to drive donor acquisition and revenue.
4. Analyze and report on performance metrics, A/B testing, and conversion data to steer the direction of work and leverage user/donor paths to conversion.
5. Rely heavily on data to optimize campaigns and the donor experience through an omni-channel approach.
6. Work with cross departmental teams to ensure that optimization strategies align with best practice user experience and organizational priorities.
7. Design, implement, and report on quarterly and annual testing plans across web assets, collaborating with internal teams as needed and represent the team’s projects in the prioritized test pipeline.
8. Maintain database of experiment results and insights.
9. Produce project management document; concept briefs; digital scope and detailed requirements; project schedules; and resource plans.
10. Works in close collaboration with cross-functional teams to guarantee development projects are delivered in a timely manner and with high quality.
11. Set up project tasks and timelines in our project management platform, and traffic timelines and outcomes.
12. Assist with production of project assets (copy, photos, video, etc.)
13. Lead on testing strategies. Participate in and help to manage quality assurance testing and user assurance testing.
14. Ensure that the visual design of donation forms and other conversion tools supports project goals and is consistent with organizational brand guidelines.
15. Locate and lead any external agencies hired for projects related to optimization.
16. Keep up to date with sector best practices and import improvements where possible and/or testing related to them.
17. Coordinate approach and testing with existing external suppliers and agencies.
18. Support smooth hand-off from the project team to individuals and/or groups who will run daily, ongoing marketing and fundraising operations.
19. Support the Associate Director of Digital Marketing in prioritizing fundraising development projects, managing the development queue, and helping to streamline and improve digital development processes and best practices.
20. Conduct research to provide recommendations on optimizing existing fundraising efforts.
21. Assist the Associate Director of Digital Marketing in other related projects if and when the need arises.