Knowledge Management, Communication and Publishing specialists
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Investment Centre Division (CFI) promotes investment in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing in developing countries and countries in transition, assisting governments and country stakeholders, main development partners, in particular international financing institutions with the strategic planning and implementation of their investments to achieve food security and nutrition, make agriculture, forestry and fisheries more sustainable and productive, reduce rural poverty, make food value chains more efficient and inclusive and promote climate change adaptation and/or mitigation.
CFI is a multidisciplinary division composed of four regionally focused services, namely Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Service, Asia and the Pacific Service, Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean Service, and Near East, North Africa and West Africa Service.
The purpose of this call is to provide FAO’s Investment Centre (CFI) with a list of qualified candidates for a number of profiles with different specializations as indicated below. The contract can be home based with required travel for field missions.
Requested Profiles (or Job Titles):
- Knowledge Management/Publishing Support
- Communication Specialist/ Writer / Editor
- Creative content / Design (publishing, graphic and web design)
Selected applicants will work under the overall technical supervision of the Centre Director and the direct supervision of Information and Knowledge Management Officer, in close collaboration with the Office of Corporate Communication (OCC), other FAO Divisions, Strategic Programmes and external partners as required.
Knowledge management, communication and publishing.
Tasks and responsibilities
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to knowledge management / publishing support can include the following:
- Support the organization of events, study tours, and knowledge sharing activities, such as Investment Days, seminars and webinars, technical workshops, photo exhibits, etc.
- Assist with the facilitation of workshops / webinars with technical teams, countries and partners;
- Oversee the coordination, production and dissemination of investment knowledge products including managing the corporate publications Workflow System (PWS);
- Assist with identification, liaison and recruitment of editors, translators and designers;
- Coordinate the maintenance of relevant knowledge platform(s) (e.g. EastAgri,/ MedAgri) with relevant content and activities from FAO and key partners, including liaison with members;
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to communication can include the following:
- Develop/support communication, visibility and outreach work with key partners through multiple communication and social media channels, with due regard for corporate strategies and policy, which may include elements of coordination with other internal and external partners;
- Develop written and audio-visual communication products, including drafting, editing, layout, photo and video editing, ensuring compliance with FAO standards (FAO style, names of countries and Terminology).
- Prepare newsletters, briefs, surveys, speeches and non-technical reports related to the team’s activities and FAO’s work with key partners;
- Maintain and update team’s webpages and/or knowledge platforms through the use of relevant information, documents and media in different languages;
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to publishing, graphic and web design can include the following:
- Coordinate the Division’s publishing workflow and services from planning to dissemination.
- Coordinate/support the printing and dissemination of knowledge products liaising with the relevant units of the organization;
- Provide graphic design and layout support for the team’s knowledge products and promotional materials using the existing visual identity and templates.
- Provide video and motion animation design support to prepare digital communication materials using the existing visual identity and templates.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Formal education, Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree(s) in communication, journalism, visual communication, social science or international development studies, or a field related to FAO’s mandate:
- Relevant experience in knowledge management and/or communication and/or print and digital publishing:
- At least five years for a mid-level specialist
- At least ten years for a senior specialist
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, or Russian. In the case of PSAs, the requirement is for working knowledge in one of the FAO official languages.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of academic qualifications;
- Extent and relevance of experience in knowledge sharing methods and tools;
- Extent of experience in event management and facilitation skills for meetings, workshops, study tours and conferences.
- Extent of experience with the development of written and audio-visual communication products, including graphic layout and web design;
- Familiarity with relevant tools and FAO’s publishing procedures and guidelines considered a strong asset;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, as well as gender sensitive and cross-cultural competency.
- Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines;
- Ability to perform well in cross-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency