Graphic Design and Presentation Assistant
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent will be part of the Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The PMU of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA). The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA’s Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” is the first project that has been approved within the framework of FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine project components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
The Graphic Design and Presentation Assistant reports to the Administrative Officer in the FAO Saudi Arabia.
The Graphic Design and Presentation Assistant develops and produces creative concepts for communication materials, publications, presentations, web/social media, and social marketing ensuring coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Collect, review, and ensure full understanding and documents FAO policies and guidelines related to communication materials, their design and publication.
• Undertake graphic designing, editing and customization using design and 3D applications and software.
• Develop branding and visual identity concepts of communication products/campaigns, according to FAO rules and guidelines, reflecting successfully the Organization’s mission, key themes and core strategies, while appealing to a variety of audiences.
• Illustrate concept by designing layout of art regarding arrangement, size, style, and related aesthetics.
• Review final designs eliminate errors and ensure quality, especially prior to printing or other final deliverable production steps.
• Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports;
• Create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information; and maintain electronic and paper files.
• Support the production of publications to develop graphic identities coherent with the FAO Corporate Publications Policy.
• Collaborate with programme professional officers regarding editing, proofreading and printing of publications and, where required, sources appropriate external suppliers.
• Manage documents, catalogue and archive design products, safeguard and ensure production of all communication products (brochures, web banners, poster, gadgets, info-graphics, PowerPoint templates and other materials) in line with corporate branding, logo and other relevant guidelines.
• Support conceptualization, design, production and publication of technical presentations prepared by the programme professional officers.
• Deliver creative graphic and technical solutions (including info graphics if required) for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree /specialized diploma in Graphic Design, Service Design, Communication, Marketing or a related subject.
• Three years of relevant experience in graphic design for copy, print and online media, web and motion design and Power Point Presentation.
• Working knowledge level C of English and Arabic.
• National of Saudi Arabia or resident in the country with a regular work permit
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work
• Experience with a variety of graphic software in considered a strong asset.
• Good knowledge of the organizational structure.
• Good knowledge of FAO's administrative policies and procedures.
• Very good knowledge and experience in developing high-quality communication/multimedia materials for a wide variety of audiences.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.