Livelihood and Food Security Officer - Zahedan Based - Iran Nationals Only
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced. Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Implement Livelihoods and Food Security portfolio according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plan of action
- Prepare and develop periodic progress and status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement especially with regards to targeting and
- inclusion of most vulnerable beneficiaries
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Identify and report protection needs and gaps, explore and propose new and safer ways to assist
Conduct regular meetings with beneficiaries, community management committees, local authorities and partners on the cash cards, distribution arrangements, vocational trainings and other relevant issues.
- Coordinate the implementation of programme components/activities at the local level, in close collaboration with the communities, partners and local authorities.
- Contribute in the identification of new projects and new areas of intervention in line with labor market needs in Afghanistan.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- Conduct regular needs assessment, M&E visits and where possible inform and involve communities.
- Explore partnership options with NGOs, Government, training institutions, UN agencies, and private sector.
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and in accordance with NRC procedures and proper documentation of project files.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 2 year of work experience in a humanitarian or development context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Persian, both written and spoken
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, Business studies or other relevant discipline.
- Ability to produce high quality professional reports in English and Persian within short deadlines.
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran and Afghanistan.
- Capacity to work with project database (such as distribution and beneficiary lists)
- Pervious working experience in Sistan and Baluchistan province and with the local communities will be considered as a plus.
- Experience responding to natural disasters will be a plus
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Initiating action and change
We can offer
Duty station: Zahedan - Area South
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.