Digital Education Consultancy
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have demonstrated experience transforming the digital education space through the production of e-learning? If so, you may be a great fit for our Digital Education Consultancy.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health of Malawi, Last Mile Health (LMH) is supporting the government to implement the National Community Health Strategy and the National Response Plan to COVID-19.
Reporting to the Digital Health Specialist, the Digital Education (DE) Consultant (with support from LMH’s global education team) will work with the Malawi team to provide flexible technical support to the Ministry of Health, primarily for the purpose of supporting digital education interventions for training health workers, with a specific focus on community health and maternal and child health. The consultant provides leadership and project management for the design, development, and production of online courses and eLearning content.
- Commitment – 6 months (ideally April 1st - October 1st)
- Location – Malawi
- Remuneration – Maximum estimated fees upon completion of $1,600 per month inclusive of withholding tax.
What You'll Do
- DE Consultant reviews and understands work done to date in Malawi (by the MoH and partners) on Digital Education planning and development for Health Workers (by April 15th).
Identify and document opportunities for short and long term engagement in the e-learning for health worker space, aligned to the Malawi Program strategy by May 27th).
- Conduct needs assessments, analyse data and make recommendations regarding instructional best practices and learning technologies.
- Advises on creative solutions for delivering online course content through the use of Learning Management System tools and related instructional technologies (in support with Education Team) (per project timeline).
Create and deliver media rich course materials and adaptive eLearning content (ongoing).
- Troubleshoot challenges encountered in the implementation of multimedia, digital learning materials.
- Facilitate the development of digital coursework through implementation of outcomes-based instructional delivery and assessment strategies. Collaborate with subject matter experts in the design and development of courses
Work closely with relevant members of the Ministry of Health to understand technical learning competencies needed for them to sustainably manage the program (ongoing).
- Work with relevant ministry officials to develop eLearning capability development plan
- Support the design and implementation of direct training, where necessary, aligned with the current Program team work plan (ongoing).
- Review current proposals for the accreditation and training of existing HSAs, and propose alternative options, and the business case for each option (August 27th).
- Other duties as assigned (ongoing).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience of working with Malawi’s Ministry of Health, ideally in the area of Continuing Professional Development, health worker accreditation/certification or e-learning/digital education
- Curriculum development and design in low resource, continuing and higher education environments
- Experience working in learning management systems (preferably Moodle) and related eLearning design software to design learning modules and administering learners
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets, forecasts and schedule to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Experience working with multi-media production (scripting, videography, audio, etc.). Though, the candidate is not expected to have production skills.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.